compensation: DOE employment type: part-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Syncopated Architecture’s sister company, Placemakers PRO is seeking new part time staff members for an ongoing mission driven project in San Francisco, California.
Placemakers PRO is a mission driven company focused on uniting the design/construction industry by bringing together all professionals in the industry, including architects, designers, contractors, engineers, developers, property managers, and real estate professionals.
Our focus is on helping professionals in this industry provide higher quality service to their clients. One way we will do so, is by providing up to date information about legislative updates that affect their projects. Newly introduced legislation poses very real threats and also opportunities for design professionals. Our mission is to help inform our members about legislative proposals that impact their projects, businesses, and clients.
This will be a part time, remote position with occasional in-person meetings or video conferences. You will work on your own schedule and set your own hours. Deliverables will be due each Friday by 9am.
You are fun, but also meticulous, and detail-oriented. You are a self-starter, with a passion for the built environment and a natural curiosity about the policies that shape the spaces we inhabit every day.
Other qualifications required are as follows:
• Ability to read dense legalese and extract relevant information
• Ability to translate information from legal text to compelling written articles
• Excellent written communications, produced in layman’s terms for easy understanding.
Your tasks each week will include:
• Tracking of new legislative proposals/recently passed legislation both in San Francisco, and at the state level that affect land use.
• Preparation of a written list of newly introduced legislation.
• Placemakers PRO will provide relevant links and access to information.
• Placemakers PRO will identify 1-3 pieces of legislation weekly to feature. Once identified, you will prepare written articles assessing the impact of the proposed policies to professionals in the design/construction industry for publication. Articles shall be delivered each Friday.
Please submit a resume, brief description of your skills, and writing sample as they relate to the required qualifications. It would be preferable to receive writing samples featuring a recently introduced piece of legislation for consideration such as AB 68 or a new SF Planning Code: https://sfplanning.org/planning-code-change-summaries?type=All&page=0.
Please email your resume and experience. Include your hourly rate requirements. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers