We're a leading national content marketing firm specializing in high-level, professional writing for clients in the science, finance and technology fields. We have great subject matter expert writers and we're looking for a business-minded editor who reflexively evaluates the content relative to the clients' business objectives, including keywords in the title, ability of the title to generate click-throughs, ability of the meta-title to generate click-throughs, depth and specificity of the post as it relates to the clients' services, how to improve the posts with images and charts and how all of this ties into actual conversions generated. Google Analytics should be second-nature to you and you should be excited every morning to see which of your ideas is working and how many conversions were generated, and what new ideas you can share with your writers to further push conversions.
This is a job for someone who is very much goal-oriented, is comfortable working at a fast pace and can meet deadlines. There is always more to do for each client and people in the company come up with exciting new ideas all the time. So a great ability to organize and prioritize yourself and others can be the foundation for great success here, and plenty of upwards mobility. We're blessed to have some of the most famous, successful companies in the world as our clients and the only question is whether our work merits an extension of our contract, referrals to other divisions or companies and an otherwise expansion of the business relationship.
This is a company full of positive, enthusiastic people who love to see the clients succeed. Needless to say, we have fantastic relationships with our clients and they trust us, support us and generally give us latitude to pursue our ideas. If you're energetic, positive and highly enthusiastic yourself, you'll find yourself in great company - no pun intended.
The job involves working with 7 to 10 writers throughout the week on the following things:
- Making sure each piece is completely professional - that means spelling and grammar, not making exaggerated statements or giving uncited facts, speaking in generalities, making absolute statements, plagiarizing, using inappropriate or irrelevant images, etc.
- Keeping a careful eye on the Google Analytics for each of your accounts to help the writers stay focused on keywords and topics and content strategies that are performing for their clients and for other clients
- Evaluating each piece from a business point of view, including conversion analysis, click through rate optimization, content originality, depth, relevance and business value
- Writing or rewriting some portions of the pieces yourself when we're up against a deadline and you just have a much better understanding than the writer of what it is that needs to be said
- Making sure that the deliverables due each week for each of your accounts are published on time. That means staying on top of the writers' schedules and editorial calendars and helping them to prioritize their research and move on when they start spending too much time on something.
- Keeping your writers energized, motivated and excited about the work that they are doing
We offer competitive pay, 401k and generous PTO and sick pay. To apply, please send resume and a cover letter narrowly tailored to this specific job. Thank you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers