favorite this postVisualization Specialisthide this posting
compensation: DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine "Giants" ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We have an opportunity for a talented, creative, and self-driven Visualization Specialist in our downtown San Francisco office. This individual will primarily work with Architects and the senior 3D artist to create digital models, photorealistic renderings, and presentation materials. Candidate would also be responsible for any in-house graphic design requests and video production. Candidate should have a basic understanding and interest in the architectural design process, contemporary design, and graphic design.
Responsibilities may include:
• 3D modeling, lighting and rendering using 3ds MAX and V-ray.
• Color correction and post production which includes working in Photoshop to add additional entourage to achieve the final image.
• Creating walkthrough/flythrough animations for interviews and client requests.
• Video production and editing using After Effects and Adobe Premiere
We are looking for:
• A bachelor's degree in Architecture, Fine Arts, or related field.
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in 3D modeling with 3ds MAX.
• Basic understanding of how AutoCAD and Revit work within our pipeline.
• Strong Knowledge of Adobe Suites for post processing and presentation.
• The ability to output photorealistic renderings using V-ray.
• MAXScript coding desirable, but not required.
• A good eye for visual composition and incorporating entourage into renderings.
• Strong knowledge in creating animation and video editing using Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
• A good understanding of architectural drawings and the design process.
• Ability to work under pressure and with a variety of personalities to meet tight deadlines.
• Can hit the ground running in a new environment with the least amount of supervision.
• The ability to work well in a team environment with a collaborative and professional work ethic.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
***We are not currently offering visa sponsorship***
Instructions for applying -- please read carefully.
• Go to www.smithgroupjjr.com and go to the Careers page/ San Francisco.
• On the Visualization Specialist posting, please click the Apply here link. Fill in the required information, and submit your cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers