favorite this postPart-Time Creative Designer - Love Wine? (San Francisco) hide this posting
compensation: TBD based on experience employment type: part-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
WhichWinery.com is looking for a part-time exceptionally talented creative designer to help us visualize the future of wine country travel and experiences. Your aesthetic taste has lead you to this job posting and you can already imagine the sensation a winelover will experience when they utilize the simple yet elegant pages you will design. Your UX vision will capture the warm and relaxed feeling a wine country traveler experiences when they are off on an adventure. This is imperative -- we are looking for someone who truly cares about the wine lovers' experience on the site and optimizing that with every effort.
You'll be a key designer in building a consumer-facing website. You must be a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with a proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable solutions. You'll need to be flexible, smart, and tenacious. You'll be working with all levels of staff to define and design pages and features, so top notch communication and interpersonal skills are a must. You'll be working in a start-up environment - ideas happen all day and we work tirelessly to optimize the site when/however possible.
What We're Looking For In A Candidate:
• You are an Adobe ninja!
• This will be a key role on the team that will require both a conceptual and technical understanding of what is possible and how to push these boundaries.
• You should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web design when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great in both design and business strategy (even if you didn't create it!).
• You must be a problem solver who is able to use visual communication to solve complex functional issues as well as to support the editorial mission.
• You have an understanding and interest in emerging web technologies, concepts, and designs and can be a voice for the user experience. You pay attention to what others are doing with current design, and THRIVE on adding "best of" skills and techniques to your bag of tricks.
• Design user flows, interactions and UI for all aspects of the user experience, with deliverables ranging from high-level user flow diagrams to production-ready assets.
• Think through design challenges and propose elegant business solutions
• Give input and take direction
• Collaborate and drive the design efforts for marketing and sales teams
• Produce wireframes, storyboards, personas, and high fidelity mock ups
• Understand and represent both marketing and sales initiatives
• Designing consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
• Identifying and delivering creative solutions that meet project objectives on time and budget.
• Speak customer and design and can translate our user needs, business requirements and interaction design/wireframes s that are visually engaging, simple and intuitive
• You have a solid portfolio of web application design. We want to see that you've built great web interfaces before, not just great websites
• Is able to communicate your ideas and designs with the team clearly and succinctly
• Understanding of Responsive & Mobile design
• Familiarity with working in Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Curiosity, creativity, and ambition. Expensive diploma or not, true talent isn't always something that can be taught in school. Ideally you would have done similar work formally or informally; but maybe you're gifted, self-taught or have been freelancing for years. If you think you have what it takes let us know.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers