compensation: TBD, based on Experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Merchants Exchange Productions team brings more than 50 years combined experience hosting and producing special events in San Francisco. From planning and logistics, to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, Merchants Exchange Productions is the only event production service tied exclusively to three of The City's finest venues. That's why every program at Merchants Exchange Productions is more than an event, it's a true San Francisco experience.
• Maintain integrity and appearance of event venues: ensure all areas (chandeliers, draperies, carpeting, marble and hardwood flooring, fire places, mirrors, glass surfaces, wooden walls and baseboards, restrooms, etc.) are in pristine condition, always guest ready
• Properly and thoroughly clean venues prior, after and/or during events including but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, spot and detail cleaning, polishing, putting away tables, chairs, dance floors, stages, podiums and other equipment, discarding trash, etc.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of dedicated storage areas of all equipment and inventory
• Ensure standards of health, safety, and sanitation are maintained
• Properly care for all company owned and/or leased cleaning and other equipment
• Set up venue spaces per written and verbal direction - interpret event orders and floor plans, understand oral and verbal instructions to determine work assignments, materials and equipment needs
• Set up and strike event space by moving equipment (furniture, staging, linens, dance floors and other equipment as necessary) to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles or containers by hand, dollies and/or other equipment
• Report breakage, leaks, issues or other needs as they arise in all venues
• Report maintenance and repair of venue equipment as necessary
• Practice safe work habits: wear back braces and gloves when necessary, bend at the knees, lift properly, etc.
• Assist the productions team and other areas of the company as needed
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and have free range of motion to walk, bend, crouch, reach, etc...
• Knowledge of maintenance standards and use of equipment and cleaning supplies
• Knowledge of safe work practices
• A well-groomed, professional appearance
• Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent customer service skills with a "can do" attitude
• Ability to effectively work individually as well as in a team environment
• Must be a proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision
• High attention to detail
• Highly reliable, punctual and responsive
• Flexibility and adaptability a must
• Ability to multi task
• Experience in the hospitality industry a plus
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, overnights, weekends and/or holidays as dictated by the events schedule
• Regular access to the internet, email and a cell phone
• Have reliable transportation to work hours when public transportation is not available
• Compensation based on experience
• Paid sick leave
• Commuter plan for Parking & Transit
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers