We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
We are hiring Vehicle Test Operators to help us test and improve the performance of our autonomous vehicles! You should have a knack for fixing things and work well under pressure. Navigating a computer should be second nature to you. Ideal candidates will have an impeccable driving record and excellent driving skills. We're looking for qualified candidates to join us in a contract position starting immediately. The contract is expected to last a year and possibly longer.
1) Saturday and/or Sunday
10:00am - 6:00pm
Three to four days during the week
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Ensure the safety of vehicles while in both autonomous and manual mode while operating the autonomous vehicle (AV)
- Log vehicle behavior and monitor vehicle software as the AV passenger
- Test the newest AV code and consistently deliver high-quality feedback to engineers
- Troubleshoot AV software in varied and dynamic environments
- Identify abnormal AV behaviors and escalate them through the proper channels
- Validate the performance of new and existing hardware including sensors and new vehicle platforms
- Develop creative solutions to execute tests and improve operations
- Provide exceptional ride demonstrations to employees and guests of Cruise
- Remain well informed of all changes to vehicle behavior and tools
- Become a leader and train new operators
- Hold yourself and others accountable for maintaining our "Stay Safe" culture
- Perform special projects as requested by various Cruise teams
- Keep project details confidential
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Ability to thoroughly diagnose and troubleshoot basic software issues
- Typing speed of over 50 words per minute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application and currently hold an active California driver's license
- No more than 1-point on driving record and excellent driving skills
- Clean background check and drug screen
-Must safely operate the vehicle in accordance with Cruise safety protocols and applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to turn a steering wheel, safely operating the accelerator and brake, checking blind spots and evaluating the environment, and maintaining appropriate airbag clearance.
-Ability to tolerate physical jolts and high-speed starts, stops, turns, and maneuvers associated with driving or taking control of the autonomous vehicle in both training and daily job functions
-Capability to perform physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks
-Work effectively and professionally in a stressful environment, including interactions with the public
-Capacity to remain alert and extremely focused for two-hour uninterrupted blocks of time
-Must satisfy the legal requirements to become an Operator (13 CCR § 227.34)
- 3+ years previous work experience
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant QA / Operations experience)
- Prior AV experience
- Military, Content Review, Technician, EMT experience
- Defensive drivers training (Smith Systems, etc.)
- Route/Delivery experience
- Catered lunch, snacks, etc.
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Applied product testing in real life situations
This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner, paying $23/hour and offering benefits, 401(k), and paid time off.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers