favorite this postIT Support Position - Greater San Francisco Bay Area (financial district)hide this posting
compensation: Depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Fast growing, local IT company is looking for excellent candidates as field engineers. You will get opportunities to work on multiple workstations, servers and network equipment, covering a wide variety of operating systems. Plus, you will get plenty of opportunities to see the various micro-climates of the San Francisco Bay Area!
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
• An ability to understand and communicate with people of differing IT knowledge
• An ability to recognize patterns of problems, and apply the appropriate fix the second time and beyond
• An ability to communicate quickly and easily with management on problems and resolutions
• An ability to focus on multiple tasks (either serially or in parallel)
Job requirements include:
• Responding to email and phone calls from clients and management
• Working with users to troubleshoot and resolve problems (both locally and remotely)
• Identify and clean malware infected machines (and recognize the difference between malware and hardware issues)
• Backup and migrate user data between systems
• Setup users for both local and ActiveDirectory environments
• Setup printers
• Troubleshoot network issues (both LAN and WAN)
• A comfortable understanding of Windows and OS X; Linux support is a bonus, but not required
• A comfortable understanding of networking and an ability to connect machines to wired and wireless networks on all major OS versions
• Working with VoIP systems (hosted and local)
• Working with and configuring major firewall and router equipment
• Providing daily reports of work done in our ticketing system
• An ability to lift 50+ pounds
• A car, valid drivers license and active automobile insurance
This job has some remote support components, but many of the calls will be forward facing. So, an ability to "present well" to others is a must.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for a job that is not just behind a desk, provides hands-on experience with a wide variety of equipment, and wants to visit all areas of the greater Bay Area. We are a small, but mighty team of IT warriors.
This job is based out of San Francisco, but there would be travel from San Jose to Novato to Antioch to Dublin and all points in between.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Local applicants desired; out-of-town applicants are welcome to apply, but there will not be any moving expenses. This will start out as a contact position, with a move to full-time within 6 months of hiring if employment continues.
To be considered for this position, you MUST do the following: Attach your resume and cover letter in PDF format (including recent references who will be contacted, as well as your phone number), provide salary expectations, and include a list of your top three songs (including the artist).
Potential candidates will have a 15 minute phone interview. Any follow-up interview will be in person at our SF office (near the Montgomery BART station).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers