compensation: Competitive rate based on experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Collective Press is looking for a creative hair stylist/model to join our SF office. We are digital media startup making online videos in lifestyle verticals: make-up, hair styling, nail painting, fashion, DIY, and more. You'll be immersed in learning the best of digital and social media content.
*This is a part-time paid position in the SF office. *
* Shoot and appear in hair styling tutorial/tips videos (primary responsibility)
* Assist with production of hair styling videos to spec from start to finish: shopping and prepping materials in advance, appearing in the video (the "hands" and "hair"), and video wrap up
* Be able to execute on the hair styling techniques both on yourself and on others
* Ability to work with other members of the team to help produce video to spec
* Manage and order all supplies for videos in organized manner
* Other admin tasks as assigned
* Strong technical experience with hair styling (e.g. bridal hair, hair braiding, updo styling, etc.)
* 2+ years professional experience at hair salon
* Ability to style one's own hair (this is a MUST!)
* Solid knowledge of old/new hair styling trends
* Comfortable appearing/speaking on camera
* Operate well in deadline-driven environment
* Positive, can-do attitude
* Self-starter and team player
* Experience with DSLR cameras (or willing to learn)
Please apply with the following:
2) Samples of your work. If you have any videos showcasing your hair styling ability, please include.
3) A 1-2 minute video where you introduce yourself, your background, and demonstrate a hair technique on yourself. You will be asked to submit this video after your initial application and resume have been received. (Please note, your application will not be considered without this video.)
*About Collective Press*
Collective Press is a digital media startup company that was founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs from Berkeley, Stanford, and UPenn. It owns several digital publications spanning a variety of topics: news, beauty, trending stories, home, cooking, diy, and more. For more information, visit collectivepress.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers