compensation: I'm looking to hire the best of the best. Pay will reflect this accordingly. employment type: contract telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
I just finished having a social mobile app designed in Sketch. My designer also uploaded the Sketch files into Zeplin.io accordingly (plus added the according design documentation in Zeplin).
I also have extensive storyboards showing virtually all conceivable user case scenarios (so that a developer will not have to make any UX decisions on the fly while coding). No code (frontend or backend) has been written yet. I am currently looking for an IOS developer who is extremely experienced with Swift to code the entire IOS app from scratch.
Further details on the project are below:
1. You will be coding the entire frontend of the app from scratch for IOS (only) in Swift. You will not be responsible for making the Android app. I will have the Android version made down the line after the iPhone version is released. (Note: I can consider React Native for the IOS version instead of Swift on a case by case basis, but will more than likely be going with Swift.)
2. It is ideal if you can code both the frontend and backend, but fine if you can only do the frontend. If you can only do the frontend, it would be ideal if you could bring on a backend developer (you have worked with before) to do the backend. I want the backend to be built in Node.js, Firebase or a combination of the two.
3. I understand Zeplin.io can convert the Sketch design into blobs/snippets of frontend code. And that the blobs/snippets of frontend code Zeplin generates will look virtually identical (from the end user's POV design wise) to the original Sketch design.
You should be experienced using the code Zeplin generates as part of your code base.
4. From a pure engineering/functionality POV, the app is pretty similar to Tinder (of course there are some key additional features you will find out about when you review my designs). With that in mind, it is ideal if you feel you can code a "basic" clone of Tinder (ideally including the backend) in 3-4 weeks OR less.
By "basic" I just mean the basic functionality end-users of Tinder are aware of while using Tinder, not any advanced/proprietary functionality Tinder may have behind the scenes that end users are not aware of (such as artificial intelligence matching).
By "basic" I also mean it has to be bug free. "Basic" does not mean it can contain bugs:)
Speed to market (without sacrificing code quality of course) is very important to me!
5. You must be based in the USA or Canada.
6. You will be working remotely and on a part-time/freelance/contract basis. We will break the entire project up into separate milestones and each milestone will have its own budget.
7. I ideally want to hire an individual, not a firm. I can consider firms on a case-by-case basis so long as they are very small and ALL my communication is with the person who will be writing the actual code. I am not interested in having to communicate through project managers, sales reps and so on.
8. Please send your resume and/or LinkedIn profile. If possible, please also send any additional online profiles you have that you feel will help me understand your programming skills and who you are overall (such as a Github profile or even Twitter account).
9. Please send links to any live IOS apps you worked on. Please also explain the work you did on the CURRENT version of the app. I'm ideally looking to test out an app whose CURRENT version's frontend (and/or backend) was coded entirely by you.
(FYI: If you did the backend it is totally fine if you used Firebase, so long as you coded the Firebase integration yourself.)
In your response please include answers to above items 4, 8 and 9. Responses that do not answer above items 4, 8 and 9 will be deleted.
Happy holidays and I look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities