Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study. We're looking for someone who is eager to make a difference in our students' lives. You can get paid to feel fulfilled at work.
QR Code Link to This Post
Provides a safe and secure living and working environment for students and staff. Assists in the investigation of accidents and incidents with the goal of resolution and reduction of future occurrences.
• Assists Safety & Security Department to maintain a safe and secure Center environment.
• Investigates all accidents/incidents under the direction of management and prepares required reports, recommending corrective action.
• Conducts routine safety inspections and assessments of all Center equipment and facilities to identify potential safety and security hazards.
• Enforces occupational safety and health regulations and standards.
• Conducts and documents incident and accident investigations per established timelines and requirements.
• Conducts routine Center-wide security tours and assists with monitoring and supervision of students.
• Responds to emergency situations and requests.
• Responsible for Center security, visitor control and student accountability.
• May assist dorm staff in conducting dorm inspections and searches for contraband.
• Maintains the security and cleanliness of Center facilities and property.
• May provide residential, and recreation and transportation assistance as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred.
• Must possess a valid in-State Driver's License and meet Company insurability requirements.
• Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
• Employee assistance plan
• Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
• 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
• Per year: 11 paid Holidays, 10 days paid vacation, 10 paid sick days and 1 paid day off
• Commuter benefits & shuttle service (varies)
• Free & ample parking
• Meals in our fantastic cafeteria cost $2.50
Please REPLY to the ad with subject line "Student Safety Liaison" and ATTACH a resume (PDF or Word only) to be considered for the position.
Any questions about this or any other job opportunity, please email HR at Treasure Island Job Corps Center.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.