compensation: Range depending on experience 60K-70K per year. One year contract employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Safety Team Supervisor
The Safety Team Supervisor is responsible for: (1) supervision of the safety team staff and ensuring safety staffing during clinic business hours, (2) development of safety policies and procedures in collaboration with leadership team, (3) development and provision of staff training programs that pertain to safety, (4) co-chairing the Citywide Safety and Violence Risk Reduction (VRRT) Committees, (4) maintenance of up-to-date information about existing and proposed changes in environmental and / or occupational health and safety regulations and ensures proper dissemination, (5) working on clinic environmental and facilities-related issues that impact safety of staff in conjunction with facilities coordinator and (6) providing liaison with UCSF and SF Police Departments.
The Safety Team Supervisor ensures the Division is meeting City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) and UCSF safety codes and that CCSF / UCSF / Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) guidelines are followed and inspections are completed in timely manner. This position provides direct intervention with clients to prevent behavioral escalation, threats, or assaults. The individual will hire, train, supervise and take corrective action of three hospital Assistants (safety officers).
Please Note: This is a 100% one year contract position starting from the date of hire.
DIVISION OF CITYWIDE CASE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS / PSYCHIATRY
The Division of Citywide Case Management Programs provides comprehensive outpatient treatment to San Franciscans suffering from severe mental illness, often complicated by homelessness, chronic traumatization, institutionalization, substance use disorder and / or chronic medical conditions.
The mission of the Division is to help clients recover prior functioning, while reducing reliance on acute services, and facilitate transitions from Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) psychiatric inpatient, jails, or other institutions to the community. Our programs serve a diverse group of individuals, in terms of social, cultural, and linguistic terms; and structured around interdisciplinary teams. Interventions provided include psychotherapy, crisis intervention, psychotropic medication management, case management, outreach, and employment services.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
• CPR Certified
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Environment Health and Safety (EH&S) technical requirements, logistics, materials and operations, rules, regulations, laws, etc.
• Skills to effectively supervise subordinate staff in performance of highly regulated functions
• Working written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including skills to interact successfully with widely diverse populations. Ability to problem-solve and resolve divergent opinions amongst a diverse treatment team
• Ability to track and document incidents, including police reports, incident reports
• Working skills to respond appropriately, efficiently and effectively to emergencies and critical situations
• Thorough understanding of the role of police, EMT, and fire first responders
• Understanding of when pepper spray, takedown, or physical restraint is appropriate and lawful
• Ability to quickly and accurately assess violence risk, as well as the need for emergency medical response. Ability to organize others and communicate clearly in emergent situations
• Ability to collaborate effectively with clinical staff on issues related to safety
• Ability to communicate effectively with all staff regarding protocols, procedures safety, as well as specific safety issues / incidents
Note: Physical/health screening required.
• CPR Certified
Job Code and Payroll Title
7148 Supervisor I, Environmental Health and Safety
Appointment Type: Contract
Location: 982 Mission Street
Work Days: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.