QR Code Link to This Post
Public Safety Officer
Under supervision, is responsible for providing safety and security to all members of the college community, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures by being observant, reporting problems, protecting the community and its property, and preventing incidents through proper planning and utilization of resources.
This position is for the graveyard shift from 12am - 8am, days TBD.
Customer Service/Compliance - 35% of the time
- Enforces compliance with policies and procedures as stated in the Staff Handbook and Public Safety Policy and Procedure Addendum.
- Responds to service calls and answers phone and walk-in requests for service.
- Writes and maintains detailed reports including incident, injury, daily activity, and sign-in, recording data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment.
- Checks identification to ensure only authorized personnel are allowed access and observes departing personnel protecting against theft of property.
- Monitors safety and identifies and communicates threats and risk factors.
ID and Access System Function - 20% of the time
- Processes ID and access cards and assists in maintaining records of outgoing cards and current supply inventory to ensure proper function of the system and to protect against loss or damage through misuse or malfeasance.
Patrol Function - 45% of the time
- Monitors the property and periodically patrols the buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows, and gates to determine serviceability and that all is secure per order.
- Reports irregularities such as fire hazards or utility issues and follows procedures for responding to fire, emergency, disaster or criminal activity.
- Documents violators of rule infractions, such as trespassing, drinking, or excessive noise and detains or expels non-CCA persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Provides Safety escorts for members of the college community within a specified distance.
- Read, write and speak fluent English; reasonably interpret and apply policies and procedures to dynamic situations. Follow written and verbal directions, complete tasks correctly and on time; identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; react well under pressure and to use reason, even when dealing with difficult or emotional situations.
- First aid or CPR training, professional security certifications and foreign language skills are desirable. Previous experience as public safety officer or security guard in an academic or professional environment is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position entails shift night shift and may include weekend work. This position works outdoors.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires ability to standing and walk for extended periods of time.
COMPENSATION: $18.21/hour, eligible for overtime
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Recommended document file formats are Word or PDF. If there are multiple attachments, we recommend compressing/zipping your files into a zip format file. There is also a place in the application for you to provide a link to large documents. Please submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions.
For staff positions, screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
As an educational and cultural institution, California College of the Arts has a responsibility to provide access and opportunities for all people, with special attention to supporting groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
We believe that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Please address any questions to email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://cca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCA/job/San-Francisco/Public-Safety-Officer_R505650.
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency