QR Code Link to This Post
Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Staff Research Associate I/II
Department: Medicine / AIDS / ZSFG
Location: 995 Potrero Avenue
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Requisition #: 53964BR
The Division of HIV, Infectious Diseases and Global Medicine located at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG) is seeking a Staff Research Associate I/II (SRA I/II) in the malaria research laboratory of Dr. Greenhouse at UCSF. The laboratory is a dynamic research environment with translational research focused on the immunology and molecular epidemiology of malaria. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing laboratory work, organizing samples and data in the laboratory, and coordinating work with local and international collaborators. This work is necessary to support funded malaria research using samples from a number of international studies.
DIVISION OF HIV, INFECTIOUS DISEASES, AND GLOBAL MEDICINE
The Division of HIV, Infectious Diseases, and Global Medicine at UCSF is an internationally recognized global leader in clinical care, research and education. With its home base located at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG), the Division has been ranked as the top facility in the country for AIDS care for several consecutive years. The Division’s work is featured frequently in the media, and it is often visited by international, national, state and local dignitaries and delegations. The Division consists of approximately 36 faculty members and 140 academic and staff employees. It is the largest Division of the Department of Medicine at ZSFG, with a total expenditure budget of approximately $45 million.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in biology or related science and knowledge of, or experience with, the basic techniques or methods required by the position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Laboratory experience (from classwork and / or work experience)
• Basic related scientific techniques and procedures as learned from academic laboratory or field experimental experience
• In addition to the above, one or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Laboratory experience
• Basic related scientific techniques and procedures from laboratory experience
• Comfort with computer software such as Excel and Access and running scripts such as Python
• Demonstrated reliability, organizational skills, attention to detail, and record keeping abilities based on prior experience
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to function well on a team
Note: Physical/health screening required.
• Experience as a laboratory technician
• Experience with PCR, PCR optimization
• Experience with performing next-generation sequencing, including whole genome and / or targeted Amplicon sequencing
• Experience with culturing bacteriophage
• Advanced knowledge of Database software, statistical software (e.g. STATA, R)
• Computer programming (e.g. Python, C++, D3)
• Experience with analyzing next-generation sequencing or microarray data
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume Click Here
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 53964BR Please note ad code ICRL/ # 53964BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.