compensation: $17 per hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: Guest Services Representative
Position Category: Seasonal, Non-exempt
Reports to: Guest & Retail Services Manager
As an employee of San Francisco Parks Alliance and under the direction of the Guest Services Manager and the Assistant Guest Services Manager, the guest services staff facilitate ticket booth, gift shop and sales with the operations department and perform all the assigned duties listed below.
• Handle visitor ticket and gift shop sales in a professional and friendly manner, making the most of each interaction with genuine enthusiasm.
• Field visitor inquiries regarding the Conservatory of Flowers and its products for sale as well as general park questions in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Build and maintain knowledge of products for sale at the Conservatory of Flowers.
• Be able to independently run each unique point of sale location at the Conservatory of Flowers
• Process all cash and credit card sales correctly including proper use of Square point of sale system.
• Tabulate, balance and reconcile daily shift drawer.
• Assist with flow of visitors into the Conservatory of Flowers including crowd control.
• Follow COF safety rules, exercises and carry out all emergency procedures.
• Assist with daily set up/breakdown, including cleaning, some heavy lifting, and occasional event set up.
• Attend staff meetings/training sessions scheduled by the Operations Director.
• Work cooperatively with other SFPA and Recreation & Parks staff and volunteers.
• Practice communication and follow-through by properly utilizing Conservatory messaging systems.
• Perform side duties as assigned to support other COF departments.
• Be available to work at least 3 shifts per week (average 24 hours per week.)
• Be willing and able to work in warm temperatures that may rise above 80 degrees.
• Be willing and able to stand for 3 or more hours
• Be available to work on a weekend day ( Saturday or Sunday or both)
• Have a strong desire to work with the public, including (but not limited to) children, seniors and tourists.
• Be able to stay calm and professional under pressure.
• Be able to switch projects/tasks at a moment’s notice.
• Be willing to ask for help when you need it!
• Have a genuine, positive attitude and a sense of humor.
The Conservatory of Flowers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, military veterans and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers