available afternoons available evenings available mornings available weekdays available weekends education completed: bachelors
QR Code Link to This Post
Flexible 1099 candidate available immediately. Please email via CL with further detailed inquiries.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
• Over 15 years onsite and independent remote consulting.
• Technical documentation writer/editor experience to include development of User Guides, Training Manuals, White Papers, SOPs, legal and security documentation, Visio/PowerPoint Diagrams.
• Desktop Publishing and Design experience to include creation/editing of specifications, eBooks, newsletters, Instructional Design manuals.
• Development of technical training demonstrations/videos.
• Quality Assurance and Data analysis/Engineering.
• Database creation/maintenance.
• Ability to fluently multitask and function independently with minimal direction as well as work as part of a team.
• Expediently able to learn new skills and technologies.
• Several years’ recent experience working remotely in a responsible manner.
• Strong work ethic and highly adaptable traits enabling easy transition when working in various environments and capacities.
Macintosh and PC Platforms. Windows 7/10 Operating Systems. Advanced level of all MS Office Applications to include Visio. Adobe Acrobat Professional/Reader, Flash Player, Adobe Master Collection CS6. QuarkXPress. Adobe Captivate and Camtasia Studio. Mercury QC, Bugzilla, Bugtracker.net, Mambo and custom-built Quality Assurance databases. Access and FileMaker Pro Databases. Electronic Document Management Systems. Basic HTML. TechSmith Snagit. BMC Remedy 9 ticketing system. Oxygen XML Editor 15.2. CreateSpace publishing tool. MS SharePoint 2010. Familiarity with various components existing within a large, state-of- the-art network infrastructure to include Cisco Routers, Hubs, various telecommunications equipment, remote
access equipment, information storage units, and various server types.
Contract independent/remote consulting, Bay Area, CA, Portland, OR, Colorado Springs, CO (September 2009 – present) Consulting Technical Writer/Editor:
• Apple, Cupertino, CA - Technical Editor (Word and translation tool)
• SolarCity, Foster City, CA - Technical Editor (Photoshop and Word)
• SpiraLinks, Campbell, CA - Technical Writer -- (Word/Visio/Focal Review)
Database Conversion/Data Entry:
• Sue Fisher King, San Francisco, CA (Industry specific database software)
QA Analyst/Data Analyst:
• NearSpace, Rohnert Park, CA - QA Tester (proprietary software)
• California Energy Commission, Sacramento, CA -- Data Analyst/Entry (SharePoint and Excel)
• First on Mars, San Francisco, CA - Data Analyst/Entry (Excel/Internet research)
• Irrevo, Renton, WA - Content Analyst/Data Entry (AQ Knowledge and MindTouch - enterprise web-based wiki software and mashup platform, Excel)
• Barry Zeve (Author), San Francisco, CA – (CreateSpace)
• American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Bethesda, MD -- (Camtasia)
• Glen Mar, Portland, OR - (PowerPoint and Camtasia)
Data Analyst, SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation), Oakland, CA - (March 09 - July 09)
Part-time temporary SAIC employee:
• QC of transit data via 511.org website review server/post production against client data sheets.
• Perusal of maps on 511.org for location of timepoint stops and route lines.
• Data entry into Excel spreadsheet relating to any inconsistencies/errors found.
Jr. Test Engineer, Beta Breakers, Novato, CA (February 2008 - November 2008):
Tested various client websites in this dedicated Quality Assurance Lab to include Adobe, Charles Schwab, Men’s Warehouse, Oracle, Sonic Solutions…to name a few.
• Testing included manual Functionality, Compatibility, Load/Performance and Usability.
• Tested on various platforms: Macintosh, PC, all applicable Operating Systems. In-house and Bugzilla bug tracking software.
Documentation Management, Palm, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA (May 07 - September 07)
Short term contract in the Carrier Technical Management group:
• Mambo utilization for test case entry.
• Creations of templates in Word, spreadsheets within Excel.
• Update and creation of MS Project files.
Technical Writer and Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester, PG&E, San Francisco, CA (September 06 - February 07)
Consulting contract capacity in Web Channel (name changed from Internet Services Group):
• Compilation of existing text, creation and editing of some aspects of the CSOL (Customer Service Online) User Guide utilizing advanced Word and Visio tools.
• Composition of Quality Assurance plans/scripts, utilizing Word and Excel, for the O&M December release involving changes to left navigation bar within CSOL.
• Quality Assurance testing of CSOL web site functionality utilizing Mercury QC.
Jr. Technical Writer, Logitech, Fremont, CA (February 06 - June 06)
Contractor capacity in Technical Support Group:
• Development of technical training demonstrations of various software/gaming/video installation procedures utilizing Camtasia Studio.
• Update and publish online product manuals/content utilizing RoboHelp and Electronic Document Management System RightNow.
• Edit and creation of content for extensive PTM training manuals utilizing Word.
* Online product manuals were improved after a thorough review/research of End User comments, extensive editing and creation of more End User friendly content. HTML editing and Technical Writing skills were enhanced.
eBusiness Systems Consultant, Wells Fargo, San Francisco, CA (April 05 - December 05)
Contract position in the PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Group – IT Department:
• Production of training demonstrations utilizing Camtasia to include the installation of digital, email and encrypted certificates, installing SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificates, configuring IIS (Internet Information Service).
• WellsSecure/Safe Smart Cards and wLAN cards processing, issuing PIN unblocking numbers and roaming credentials in a secure lab environment with servers, a specialized printer and desktop computers.
• Basic email/phone support regarding SSL Certificates.
* Contract ended with several complex technical training demonstrations produced and current documentation improved and/or created for the use of PKI Group End Users. Equipment upgrades and troubleshooting knowledge gained; several successful rounds of card processing; basic level phone/email support/troubleshooting knowledge enhanced.
Analytical Assistant/Jr. Technical Writer, Group Health Cooperative, Tukwila, WA (April 03 -February 05)
Contract moved to temporary employee - IT Department:
• Extensive Internet research involving existing hardware components/SW on GHC network.
• Communication with engineers to compile information on components/SW used within the GHC network infrastructure.
• Composition of technical documentation explaining the functionality of existing components/SW with the GHC network.
• Assisted with set-up of a mini mock network lab closely resembling the GHC network. Testing of SW/HW used within this network and preparation of reports for project manager regarding status of completed tests.
• Technical presentation creation for weekly status meetings with technical managers, engineers and auditors.
*Position ended with successful conversions to include improved technical documentation and/or creation of critical documentation that did not previously exist. Novelty entry level Technical Writing/testing knowledge gained in this position.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Basic computer networking class, City College, San Francisco, CA
• OS Technologies, Heald College, San Francisco, CA
• A+ Series, including Networking Essentials, Highline Community College, Federal Way, WA
• Desktop Publishing and Design, Seattle Central Community College, Seattle WA
• Biology, Concentration - Life Sciences (Pre-Med Studies) - GPA 3.5, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
• US Air Force and Coast Guard – Radar Approach Controller, Myrtle Beach AFB and Ops Administration, Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers