I am looking to produce a variety festivals in the surrounding Bay Area. I'm extremely organized, detail oriented and driven. Look forward to hearing about my next challenge.
Venue Manager, DNA Lounge, SF September 2019 - Current
Settle all concerts and private events with nightly flash reports. Write and implement standard operating procedures for security, staff and production. Manage, audit and settle bars nightly. Hire, train and manage entire venue security team. Create pathways for employee promotions by focusing on team building and empowerment to maximize happiness, inclusiveness and productivity. Work in tandem with the owner and general manager to develop strategies to improve operations, increase profits and lower overall operating costs. Identify repairs, general maintenance and upgrades needed for venue to improve visual appeal, overall customer satisfaction and ensure continuous operation. Present at weekly managers meeting and review past weeks events, strategies and operations to better understand our future direction.
House Operations Manager, Regency Ballroom, SF October 2018 - September 2019
Settle all concerts and private events including paying artists, support, vendors and clients via cash, check or wire. Advance events with tour managers concerning VIP experiences, meet and greets and merchandise. Work in direct contact with the production manager, talent bookers, social media department, advertising and accounting. Schedule all house staff, security, janitorial and EMT’s for every event. Facilitate company staffing needs including onboarding, training, verifying and approving hours. Extensive utilization of Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe Products.
Private Events Manager, Regency Ballroom, SF January 2017 - October 2018
Supervise employees during events while maintaining direct contact with security, front of house, tech & A/V, vendors, bar staff, visitors, coordinators, planners and clients. Schedule on-call staff. Conduct a house meeting with security, staff and production about event, expectations and timelines. Maintain organization, tidiness and cleanliness of the venue before, during and following events. Adhere to opening and closing procedures.
Operations, Regency Ballroom, SF October 2015 - January 2017
Assisted House Operations Manager in setup and breakdown of events, catered and organized VIP hospitality green rooms, met, placed and assisted vendors, resolved problems quickly and efficiently. Maintain line control, assist security, ID check, settle merchandise, assist box office, maintain customer service standards during live show events. Catered to events needs with excellent customer service and utmost attentiveness and friendliness. Maintain fire codes, ADA requirements and met with fire marshall when required. Maintain inventory count of tables, chairs, pipe and drape, and ensure all house equipment and furniture counts are consistent before and following event.
Managing Director, Meetup Santa Rosa April 2012 - June 2014
Created, researched and planned entire events from initial brainstorm to completion; including contact with all vendors, venues and members. Collected dues, approved new members, answered members emails and wrote monthly newsletter. Led board meetings to set monthly new member and profit goals while streamlining advertising costs through analyzing website traffic and returns. Schedule group reservations, acquire group discounts and updated members on upcoming events to ultimately maintain a 95% attendance rate.
CEO, Shamrock Grove Web Development and Photography June 1996 - July 2010
Developed entire websites from scratch including all coding, images and server maintenance. Coordinated all photo and video shoots and produced and uploaded media utilizing Adobe products. Outsourced and delegated responsibilities to 3rd parties where applicable while setting and ensuring deadlines and goals were on track, on budget and ultimately attainable. Constantly update and develop SEO campaigns and cost effective advertising methods to obtain greatest return on investment. Employed two person team and directed workflow and tasks to streamline effective use of resources and time constraints. Sold business January 2010 but stayed on as executive advisor during changeover.
University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Political Science 1997
University of California, Berkeley, Minor in Economics 1997
Santa Rosa J.C., A.A. in Economics 1994
L.E.A.D. Certification from Alcohol Beverage Control of California
- Experienced website developer
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting web servers
- Working knowledge of Upshow and other TV powered in-house social marketing platforms
- Developing SEO campaigns and cost effective advertising methods within budget constraints
- Understand importance in team building & employee development
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Products
- Self starter with ability to work independently or team wide on projects and goals from conception to completion.
- Warm and clear written and verbal communication that encompasses great listening skills and collaborative brainstorming.
- Creative thinking and open-mindedness to work with all vendors, clients and staff to envision and execute the ideal event, concert or festival.
- Strong ability for organization and planning with the aim to make things more effective and efficient in the event space.
- Ability to work professionally under pressure with high-profile individuals and institutions in time sensitive situations.
- Naturally curious and entrepreneurially-spirited with an interest in continuous learning.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of ADA requirements, fire code regulations, crowd management practices, emergency evacuation and life safety policies and procedures.