compensation: BOE, Competitive salaries, full benefits, and housing discounts available. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a great career with a great company? You've come to the right place. Essex Property Trust has an awesome company culture and is committed to the growth and advancement of its employees.
The person in this position is responsible for maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, clubhouse, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs daily property walks of tour route, pending move-in units and target units ensuring all areas are considered "market ready"
• Completes basic maintenance tasks including turnover cleaning, light landscaping, and painting with minimal supervision consistent with Company policy and direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and/or CMS
• Assists with administration of maintenance functions, e.g., tracking of inventory, maintaining updated records in relation to Pool Log, etc.
• Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
• Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC.
Position requires ability to work any of the 7 days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with time management policies including meal and rest periods.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Some custodial or general maintenance experience preferred
• Valid driver license and automobile insurance
• Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
• General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
• May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/ equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops
• Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, gripping and elbow motion)
• Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment
• Requires the use of appropriate safety equipment (e.g., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.)
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:
• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:
• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.
• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.