Anstellungsart: Vollzeit Gemeinnützige Organisation Vergütung: DOE FTE with great benefits (generous paid time off, benefits and great work/life balance)
QR Code Link to This Post
Safe & Sound (formerly the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center) is a children's advocacy organization working to prevent child abuse and reduce its devastating impact on the child, their family, and our entire community.
We have been a pioneer in the field of child abuse prevention, working within San Francisco for more 40 years. Recently the organization has begun to expand its impact working throughout the state of California.
Child Abuse is a complex problem, but a preventable one. Our data-informed approach leverages three primary strategies: we empower children with knowledge and confidence; we support families providing resources and skills; we activate the community and the change makers within it to create a thriving social safety net for children and their families.
The organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $8 million and is supported by approximately 60 staff, interns, and more than 80 volunteers. Safe & Sound's headquarters is located in a historic firehouse in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco, with a second office in the Bayview neighborhood.
More information is available at: www.safeandsound.org.
The Operations & Program Support Assistant is responsible for greeting clients, coordinating with staff and interns to meet client needs, monitoring the reception area, answering and routing agency telephone calls, assisting staff and interns with checking-in and checking-out client files, data entry into the Effort to Outcomes (ETO) client management system, providing basic support to ETO users, providing Playroom childcare support, scheduling and providing administrative support to the TALK Line Family Support Center. This position provides administrative support to the programs of Safe and Sound as needed. The Operations & Program Support Assistant will also on an as needed basis work at our facility located at 3450 3rd St in the Bayview neighborhood of San Francisco.
• Answer phone calls and route calls to appropriate staff.
• Answer the door bell and greet families arriving for appointments and drop-in services.
• Produce correspondences such as letters, memos and flyers as requested.
• Provide administrative support to all program departments.
• Create client files according to program specifications, assist with annual file purge, and other file maintenance as needed.
• Provide access to client files according to the Prevention Center's confidentiality & security procedures.
• Provide support to ETO users.
• ETO Data entry.
• Provide access to tech cabinet supplies.
• Create and edit Center forms in accordance with the client collateral Style Guide.
• Stocking and organizing staff/client forms and building supplies.
• Assist staff and volunteers with operational items (operating phones, operating copiers, where to find particular info or supplies, etc) as needed.
• Counseling room scheduling and other administrative support as needed.
Family Support Center
• Working either the morning or the evening shift assist with the opening and closing of the building at the beginning and/or end of business hours.
• Assist with organization and maintenance of the Waiting/Parent Drop-In Room and general organization of common areas.
• Assess problematic situations at reception and contact staff for assistance as necessary.
• Maintain current supplies of flyers and other informational material; update flyers and resources as needed.
• Update TALK Line Family Support Center bulletin boards.
• Updating TALK Line Board and Volunteer Binder.
• Create and send out monthly client email blast.
• Update client resource binder.
• Provide information and referrals to clients as requested.
• Work under the direction of the Playroom supervisor on an at need basis to care for children ranging in ages 0-16 years; utilizing non-directive play, art media, and dramatic play to support the children's social and emotional development.
• Work with children individually and in groups.
• Participate in creating an environment where parents are assisted to create and experience shared positive emotions with each of their children.
• Work with program staff to maintain a clean and safe environment.
Undertake other duties as assigned:
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to work with diverse and high-risk populations.
• 1-2 years experience performing data entry with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to work in a fast pace and high-pressure environment
• High proficiency in Spanish and/or Cantonese required, fully bilingual strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with children.
• Ability to work with a diverse ethnic and cultural staff and client population.
• Able to assess and manage crisis situations.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects.
• Punctual, reliable, and highly organized.
• Flexibility to handle changing priorities and multiple transitions between work stations.
• Patient and approachable.
• Proficient in with Microsoft Word, Excel and internet search. General computer literacy and ease to learn new database systems.
• Ability to pass fingerprint screen to work with children.
• Must show legal evidence of authorization to work in the United States.
• Full time (40 hours per week)
• Hours depend upon specific need and may change; full-time positions may be Monday through Friday, with shifts between the hours of 9:00a.m. - 8:30 p.m. as assigned by your manager.
• Non-Exempt (i.e. hourly paid)
• Based at 1757 Waller St (but may very occasionally provide cover at 3450 3rd St).
Typical Working Conditions:
• Heavy keyboard work
• Combination of typical office work and work with children (playroom and outdoors).
Computer, phone, fax, copier.
Essential Physical Tasks:
• Light lifting required; including lifting of children up to 50 pounds
• Changing of diapers
• Answer phones
• Travel within the neighborhood and occasionally to our Bayview site (3450 3rd St)
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Frank Landin, Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Nur Chefsposten. Anwerber, bitte nicht dieses Jobangebot kontaktieren.
KEINEN Kontakt zur Übermittlung von Diensten oder Angeboten