QR Code Link to This Post
Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Front Desk Assistant
Department: Dental Center
Location: 100 Buchanan Street
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:15 am - 5:15 pm
Requisition #: 53851BR
The Front Desk Assistant may make recommendations for improving policies, standards and procedures to improve the efficiency, flow and procedures of the front desk. The Front Desk Assistant serves as the first point of contact for patients at the front desk for all questions and assistance.
SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY
MISSION: Advancing health through excellence in patient care, education and discovery.
VISION: To be the preeminent innovator in oral and craniofacial health worldwide.
VALUES: Through our values, we demonstrate LEADERSHIP in all that we do.
Leadership, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Engagement, Respect, Social responsibility, Honesty, Innovation, and Partnership.
The School is committed to providing outstanding, integrated patient-centered care, preparing the next generation of clinicians and scientists for a rapidly evolving health care system, leading the world in scientific discovery and its translation into improved patient care and public health, creating and maintaining a supportive work and learning environment that attracts the best faculty, staff, students and trainees who can meet the changing needs of the School, society and profession, and optimizing resources to support strategic objectives and maximize stakeholder value.
We provide comprehensive oral health care services with over 120,000 patient visits per year. We offer a four-year DDS program as well as a two-year program for international dentists that culminates in the DDS degree. We have numerous specialty residencies, PhD and Master’s degree programs in Oral and Craniofacial Sciences, a combined DDS-PhD program, and a combined PhD-dental specialty training program. Other graduate programs include Craniofacial and Mesenchymal Biology and Bioengineering, and a DDS/MBA program. The School is one of the preeminent oral and craniofacial research enterprises in the world, ranking number one in National Institute of Health funding for 24 consecutive years.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• High school graduation and three years of related administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of medical / dental front office skills
• Strong computer skills
• Must stay current on new features of appointment / billing system - (Axium, familiarity with which is not required, as training will be available). Experience with a computerized appointment system
• Strong interpersonal skills. Exceptional telephone skills. Excellent communication, data entry and organizational skills. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in an effective and courteous manner.
• Previous experience in a medical or dental setting required, including front office experience
• Past experience in a very busy medical / dental specialty practice
• Must be a team player who works well with staff, faculty, and patients
• Must be able to work independently, under stress in a busy clinic environment, and to set priorities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (training will be available)
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume Click Here
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 53851BR Please note ad code ICRL/ # 53851BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.