Opened in 1998, San Francisco SafeHouse is a 501(c)3 non-profit program that provides
supportive services to homeless women surviving sexual exploitation. San Francisco SafeHouse
offers both transitional housing and a day program, The Hope Center. SafeHouse staff provide
guidance through the women’s recovery providing a gender specific response to sexual
exploitation, homelessness, and trauma. At both programs, participants are offered therapy,
intensive case management, trauma informed groups, and a wide array of other services.
The Residential Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of SafeHouse’s transitional housing program. The Residential Program Manager for this site will work closely with the Director of Programs.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management and Operation (40%)
• Oversee routine programming at transitional house including groups, retreats, client services
• Implement and oversee volunteer management program
• Develop partnerships with service providers, businesses and independent contractors to support service provision
• Assist the Director of Programs in the development and management of the program and facilities budgets
• Responsible for coordinating facility maintenance and upkeep, working with contractors
• Ensure that all contract goals and deliverables are met in a timely manner and utilize agency performance measures
Supervisory Responsibilities (30%)
• Provide regular supervision for on-site staff and volunteers, including two case managers and a team of 5-7 part-time residential counselors
• Oversee scheduling of on-site employees, approving and submitting timesheets
• Assist with maintaining HR documents, including conducting regular performance evaluations
• Participate in agency’s 24 hour on-call rotation for emergencies
Direct Services Support (30%)
• Provide crisis intervention and management as appropriate and needed
• Occasionally assist with client accompaniment or advocacy when warranted
• Engage with residents around requests for program extensions, reasonable accommodation or other programmatic issues
• Position requires fluency in English. Being bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese or another language is highly preferred
• At least 2 years of experience supervising paid, full-time staff in a direct services setting required
• Significant relevant experience working with marginalized communities
• Master’s in Social Work, Counseling Psychology or related field highly preferred
o ASWs, AMFTs and APCCs have the opportunity to receive clinical supervision provided by a licensed MFT
• Commitment to personal and systemic anti-oppression work
• Understanding of, and experience with, survivor centered approaches, harm reduction and trauma informed modalities
• Have outstanding team-building, decision making and leadership skills
• Ability to work occasional weekend days and/or occasional major holidays
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is between $55,000-65,000 annually, based upon experience. Benefits include vacation days, health/dental/vision insurance and employer-matched IRA. This positional also has the option of creating a non-traditional work schedule by working 4 days of 10 hour shifts.
San Francisco SafeHouse is an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including survivors,
people of color, women, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people and persons who are
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or intersex are encouraged to apply.
SafeHouse is committed to centering the voices and vision of survivor leaders. Applicants with lived experiences of homelessness, sexual exploitation, trafficking or other overlapping vulnerabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
SPECIAL ADA REQUIREMENTS:
San Francisco SafeHouse is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disability, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. Position requires both standing and sitting and working at a keyboard for extended periods of time.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume with subject line: SH Program Manager
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers