Opened in 1998, San Francisco SafeHouse is a 501(c)3 non-profit program that provides
supportive services to homeless women surviving sexual exploitation. San Francisco SafeHouse
offers both transitional housing and a day program, The Hope Center. SafeHouse staff provide
guidance through the women’s recovery providing a gender specific response to sexual
exploitation, homelessness, and trauma. At both programs, participants are offered therapy,
intensive case management, trauma informed groups, and a wide array of other services.
The Hope Center Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day direct services programming of SafeHouse’s drop-in services center in the Tenderloin. The Program Manager for this site will work closely with the Director of Programs. This position requires flexibility including being on call for emergencies and working some late nights and weekends. This is a full time, exempt position.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management and Operation (50%)
• Plan and facilitate the operation of the drop-in services center including collaborating with the Director of Programs to implement new programming
• Implement and oversee volunteer management program
• Develop and implement outreach strategies to reach homeless women on the street
• Assist the Director of Programs in the development and management of the program and facilities budget
• Ensure that all contract goals and deliverables are met in a timely manner and utilize agency performance measures
• Coordinate maintenance and contractors needs for the program site
Supervisory Responsibilities (30%)
• Provide regular supervision for on-site staff and volunteers, including two case managers
• Oversee scheduling of on-site employees, approving and submitting timesheets
• Assist with maintaining HR documents, including conducting regular performance evaluations
Direct Services Support (20%)
• Provide crisis intervention and management as appropriate and needed
• Facilitate routine client support groups
• Engage with program participants around programmatic concerns and issues
• Position requires fluency in English and being bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese or another language highly preferred
• At least 2 years of experience supervising paid, full-time staff in direct services setting required
• Master’s in Social Work, Counseling Psychology or related field preferred
o ASWs, AMFTs, APCCs have the opportunity to receive clinical supervision provided by a licensed MFT
• Significant relevant direct service experience working directly with vulnerable populations
• Commitment to personal and systemic anti-oppression work
• Understanding of, and experience with, survivor centered approaches as well as harm reduction and trauma informed modalities
• Have outstanding team-building, decision making and leadership skills
• Ability to occasionally work some weekends and evenings
San Francisco SafeHouse is an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including survivors,
people of color, women, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people and persons who are
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or intersex are encouraged to apply.
SafeHouse is committed to centering and supporting the voices of survivor leaders. Applicants with lived experiences of homelessness, sexual exploitation or other overlapping vulnerabilities are highly encouraged to apply
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is between $55,000-65,000 annually, based upon experience. Benefits include vacation days, health/dental/vision insurance and employer-matched IRA.
SPECIAL ADA REQUIREMENTS:
San Francisco SafeHouse is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disability, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. Position requires both standing and sitting and working at a keyboard for extended periods of time.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume with “HC Program Manager” in the subject line
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers