compensation: $22.05 hourly (full time with benefits) employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Tenderloin Housing Clinic has an opening for a Community Organizer for our Code Enforcement Outreach Program!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The CEOP Community Organizer assists tenants of the Tenderloin and South of Market (SOMA) neighborhoods with habitability problems by conducting community outreach, and by working closely with the Department of Building Inspection (DBI) and other government agencies in accordance with Tenderloin Housing Clinic’s (THC) Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
Tenderloin Housing Clinic (THC) is a non-profit housing, support services, legal, and advocacy organization. THC provides housing and comprehensive services that help disenfranchised low-income people in San Francisco gain stability. THC's mission and values are key to successfully supporting our clients.
• Work closely and coordinate with CEOP Program Coordinator on day-to-day tasks and responsibilities with client caseload and follow-ups.
• Conduct client outreach in apartment buildings and/or privately-owned single room occupancy (SROs) residential hotels on habitability issues.
• Work with tenants to improve living conditions in designated Tenderloin and SOMA buildings.
• Learn and keep abreast of San Francisco Building and Habitability Codes and Rent Board Regulations in order to effectively advocate on behalf of clients.
• Respond to client complaints about housing and/or habitability received by phone, on a walk-in basis, and through on-site inspections, and advocate for clients around tenant/landlord disputes and habitability concerns. This includes, but is not limited to, writing letters to landlords, building managers, and/or hotel operators requesting repairs for code violations, and then monitoring cases until abatement.
THC offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and their eligible spouse/children, as well as a 403b plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, 12 paid vacation and 14 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays annually.