compensation: $17/hour or DOE employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice's (CJCJ) Cameo House program is looking to hire an energetic, passionate and professional Support Staff. Cameo House is an alternative residential sentencing program for homeless, formerly incarcerated women and their children. The program provides supportive services and reunification for women with up to two children. A cameo is a seemingly plain stone that, when carefully carved, produces an exquisite silhouette of a woman and becomes a priceless gem. The symbolism of this transformation applies to our participants who, through the help of the program, come to realize that they too are exquisite and priceless members of both the Cameo House family and our community. Residents must be committed to sobriety, have at least one child in custody or in formal reunification services, be justice-involved, and be certifiably homeless. The program supports participants in building skills in areas such as parent and child attachment, stress management, anger management, educational and vocational attainment, breaking unhealthy relationship patterns, and economic self-sufficiency. Learn more at http://www.cjcj.org/Direct-services/Cameo-House.html or review the Cameo flyer at http://www.cjcj.org/uploads/cjcj/documents/cameo_brochure_july_2017.pdf To learn more about CJCJ, whose mission is to reduce society's reliance on the use of incarceration as a solution to social problems, visit www.cjcj.org
• One year of experience providing case management, counseling, and supportive services to women or high-risk populations. Course work in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field a plus.
• Familiarity with the criminal justice system, recovery programs, or residential programs
• Familiarity with harm reduction, strength-based, gender-specific, and trauma informed care approaches
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Willingness to work flexible hours as needed, and can be adaptable and flexible
• Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humor
• Basic cooking skills a plus
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Support, monitor, educate and assist residents in performance of their daily living activities in a residential program, enforcing all Resident Program rules
• Interact with residents in a confidential and responsible manner maintaining a high level of ethical conduct
• Facilitate weekly group sessions with the participants
• Provide crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution and address emergency situations in a responsible manner
• Carry out tasks pertaining to the efficient and therapeutic operation of the program
• Communicate regularly with supervisors/colleagues to support program and client goals, and attend meetings as appropriate
• Document participant progress and shift details daily, and review and maintain participant sign in/out log
• Perform cleaning duties of the facility, and cook and model meal preparation for participants
• Provide on call back up if needed, and available to work on short notice a big plus
Part-time and full-time opportunities exist.
1. Full-time staff who will work the swing shift (3:00pm - 11:00pm) and can be available or flexible to cover a day or graveyard shift occasionally are encouraged to apply immediately. OR
2. Part-time staff who will work many of the following holidays and 1-2 shifts weekly throughout the year are strongly encouraged to apply: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. OR
3. Part-time staff who will work the swing shift (3:00pm - 11:00pm) or the graveyard shift (11:00pm - 7:00am) are strongly encouraged to apply.
This hourly position reports directly to the Program Director. Part-time and full-time opportunities exist, with excellent comprehensive benefits for applicable staff. To apply, send your resume and cover letter in response to this posting with "Cameo Support Staff" in the subject line. Include in your offer letter how many hours per week you can work (minimum and maximum), and if you can work holidays. This position will remain open till filled - looking to fill the position immediately.
Women, persons of color, and individuals with past involvement with the justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers