compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice's (CJCJ) Cameo House program is looking to hire an energetic, passionate and professional Case Manager. Cameo House is an alternative residential sentencing program for homeless, formerly incarcerated women and their children. The program provides supportive services and reunification for women with up to two children. A cameo is a seemingly plain stone that, when carefully carved, produces an exquisite silhouette of a woman and becomes a priceless gem. The symbolism of this transformation applies to our participants who, through the help of the program, come to realize that they too are exquisite and priceless members of both the Cameo House family and our community. Residents must be committed to sobriety, have at least one child in custody or in formal reunification services, be justice-involved, and be certifiably homeless. The program supports participants in building skills in areas such as parent and child attachment, stress management, anger management, educational and vocational attainment, breaking unhealthy relationship patterns, and economic self-sufficiency. Learn more at http://www.cjcj.org/Direct-services/Cameo-House.html or review the Cameo flyer at http://www.cjcj.org/uploads/cjcj/documents/cameo_brochure_july_2017.pdf To learn more about CJCJ, whose mission is to reduce society's reliance on the use of incarceration as a solution to social problems, visit www.cjcj.org
• Bachelor's Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field. Three years of experience providing case management, counseling, and supportive services to women and/or children may substitute education.
• Familiarity with harm reduction, strength-based, gender-specific, and trauma informed care approaches
• Familiarity with the criminal justice system, recovery programs, or residential programs
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humor
• Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
• Working computer knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office
• Possesses a valid California Driver's License and a positive driving record
• Provide intensive case management services to up to 11 mothers and children including, but not limited to: treatment planning and assessment, resource brokerage and referral, intake, case coordination, and client advocacy.
• Create case plan for residents and children to ensure that they are receiving high quality supports and services
• Document participant progress, and oversee documentation of all participant files.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community based service providers, courts, and other local and state agencies.
• Attend court hearings, provide testimony as needed, and write and submit reports as needed to Probation Officers, Attorneys and the Court
• Enforce all Resident Program Rules and complete Incident Reports as needed
• Communicate regularly with supervisors/colleagues to support program and client goals
• Increase residents access to resources for housing, employment, childcare, education, etc.
• Accompany clients to appointments, supporting case plans
• Provide crisis intervention, de-escalation and conflict resolution
• Ability to provide on call back up if needed
This position reports directly to the Program Director. This is a full-time non-exempt position with excellent comprehensive benefits. To apply, send your resume and cover letter in response to this posting with "Cameo Case Manager" in the subject line. This position will remain open till filled - looking to fill the position immediately.
Women, persons of color, and individuals with past involvement with the justice system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers