compensation: Market Rate + Full Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Flex hours, Generous PTO employment type: part-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Genability is a profitable and growing software company at the center of the rapid transition to a clean energy economy. At Genability, we help solar companies, electric vehicle manufacturers, electric utilities, energy procurement, connected home, efficiency, and other new energy businesses embed energy cost intelligence into their products and technology. Our customers include BMW, PG&E, Oracle, Whirlpool, Sunrun and other new energy leaders. Our small team leverages our talent, technology and data to make a big impact. We're passionate about building a sustainable future. Come join us!
This position is ideal for a talented and experienced designer looking for their next challenge, yet maintain flexibility in their schedule. This is a part-time, salaried position with full healthcare and benefits (approximately 30 hours average per week). Like all aspects of the job, this position has lots of flexibility and agency over working schedule, office hours, and remote work.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) and user-interface (UI) designer. Someone who is able to understand our users, our business requirements and any technical limitations, and design elegant user-centric product interfaces and experiences. This person will be the designer on our small, focused agile team and will own the creation of sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
* Own and produce the user experience and interface design for our internal and external web-applications.
* Collaborate closely with various stakeholders and end-users to translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
* Take these experiences and design intuitive and beautiful user interfaces for our developers to implement.
* Apply a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs with internal or external users.
* Effectively communicate your ideas and designs. Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas. * Champion design thinking throughout the team.
* Maintain and improve our design system and style guides, and ensure adoption of them.
* Actively apply your design skills and aesthetics while collaborating in all areas of company life and activities.
* Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry's standards.
* Three or more years of UX web application design experience.
* Fluent in Sketch and expertise with other common UX & UI tools. HTML5 and CSS3 is a plus.
* Demonstrable ability to work with all stakeholders to listen and understand domain specific concepts, discern the requirements behind the requirements, and then iteratively design and refine complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision.
* Portfolio showing experience in using UX and UI design best practices to design elegant solutions.
* Ability to work effectively and self-directed within a multi-disciplined team.
Alignment with Genability culture
* Are passionate about your field and positively contribute to it.
* Enjoy learning, teaching, and seeing others learn.
* Believe and support a real work-life balance.
* Be skilled in giving, and open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
* Show passion for renewable energy and a sustainable environment.
* No drama. No ego.