Please provide a cover note highlighting your experience and why you would be a good fit for this role. In addition, provide your resume and any pertinent design related examples of your work that you can share.
QR Code Link to This Post
HOME STAGING DESIGNER / STYLIST POSITION SUMMARY
The Home Staging Designer / Stylist is an integral team leader for all aspects of the company including staging, some interior design-related projects, as time permits, and any other ventures the company may pursue.
You are a top performer with a great attitude and a strong work ethic. You have a proven skill-set in interior design principles. You are a self-motivated, out-of-the-box thinker who sees challenges as opportunities. Excellent communication and organization skills, time-management skills, attention-to-detail and follow-through are second-nature for you—you take pride in your work. Diplomacy and grace-under-pressure come easily to you.
During time on the job, access to a reliable vehicle and reliable cell phone is required.
We are a drama-free, drug-free, non-smoking environment. We work hard but, have a lot of fun!
Note: our work-day usually begins at 7:30AM so if you have trouble being timely at that hour, please do not apply. Schedule will vary on a day-to-day basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and assist the design team with various tasks as needed for staging, interior design and other company ventures including but not limited to:
• Selecting inventory for installations and maintaining accurate inventory management, documentation and labeling
• Working with move team to outline items to be loaded onto trucks for installation
• Staging and styling installations which include tasks such as packing and unpacking accessories, hanging art, setting up and styling on location, steaming linens, purchasing items, watering plants, tracking inventory, etc.
• Making on-the-fly inventory decisions that will not adversely affect future installations
• Maintaining accurate inventory storage within warehouse including overseeing loading and unloading moving trucks and packing and unpacking accessories, artwork, pillows, lamps, etc.
• Proactively organizing and cleaning warehouse on a continual basis
• Updating and managing installation-related documentation
• Reviewing and documenting installations with pre- and post-installation walk-through photos
• Maintaining flawless, secure management of keys to properties
• Running miscellaneous errands such as deliveries, pick-ups, change-outs, watering plants
• Maintaining excellent agent, homeowner and Building/HOA relationships through diplomatic correspondence
• Proactively promoting the company, maintaining company character and promoting company improvement and innovation
• Previous work experience in design or other related industries
• Two years of course work in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Furniture Design, or equivalent
• Experience in handling administrative duties
• Experience managing others
• Experience working in a team environment
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (we are a PC-based organization and use Dropbox)
• Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• During working hours, access to a reliable vehicle, valid license and insurance and cell phone is required.
• Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent character, work ethic and positive attitude
• Solutions oriented, creative problem solver with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to professionally represent company to agents, clients, showrooms and vendors
• Ability to interact with peers, management, partners and other staff in a professional manner
• Ability to work within a team and proactively create harmonious and professional relationships
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to perform various installation tasks such as lifting (up to 30 pounds), on your feet for long periods, using a ladder, using basic tools and other physical activities
• Willingness to work with a flexible schedule
• Willingness to observe company policies, procedures, and the instructions of the Principal Designer
This role does not provide any corporate benefits.
You will be paid bi-monthly based on hours worked and reimbursed for work-related mileage and expenses.
We are a drama-free, drug-free, non-smoking environment.
Our work-day begins at 7:30AM so if you have trouble being timely at that hour, please do not apply.