We are looking for an intern who is dedicated to expanding his or her knowledge of interior design and is responsible, detail-oriented, and eager to assist in this close-knit office environment. This opportunity will offer a developing interior designer valuable in-depth, hands-on experience within the industry. Potential to develop into full-time Interior Design Assistant position for successful candidate.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating and organizing project binders
- Assisting with budgeting
- Corresponding and coordinating with vendors and showrooms
- Managing materials library
- Filing and general organization as needed
- Building and furniture product research and sourcing
- Assisting designers with presentation drawings and samples boards
- Updating design schedules
- Coordinating pickups and drop-offs to the Design Center
- Assisting with drawings and/or renderings
- Various errands outside the office as needed
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
Candidate must be in last semester or quarter of senior year in Interior Architecture & Design program or graduate. Candidate should possess excellent organization and communication skills, must be proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Excel and Word.
This is a paid internship. Candidates are required to work a minimum of 16 hours, or a maximum of 24 hours per week, and may work concurrently with an internship for school credit program.
Studio is located near San Francisco Design Center and a fifteen minute walk from Civic Center Bart or Caltrain.
To apply for this position, reply back with your resume. Phone calls or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers