OTG Group began with the idea that grouping food vendors together could create an experience that would allow neighbors, friends, and families to connect. Since then, OTG's products have worked hard to develop services that change the way that people think about going out.
Off the Grid Markets started in 2010 by grouping food trucks together to create the bay area's biggest night market. Since that time our public markets business has grown throughout Northern California to 50+ locations per week. Off the Grid Catering specializes in privatizing our markets experience on behalf of large events (200+ people) where we offer turn-key event production to event managers and planners. The Whole Cart leverages the idea of aggregated brands together in order to create variety and choice in large corporate environments where TWC creates the brands and the food. As we've grown, OTG has expanded outside of food through pioneering modular construction through our product we call Cubert; a patented secure portable building that can transform into event and retail spaces. Last, we've built our own SaaS platform called Infrastruckture that acts as a dashboard for managing the logistics around our products and the businesses of those who work with us.
Summary of Job:
OTG Group's Design Team Lead leads the design team (in-house and contractors) and is responsible for Graphic Design, Web and Mobile Design, and Project Management. As the team lead, you manage project timelines, ensuring design deliverables are met, and create consistent branding across OTG Group's productions, both digital and print. Effectively scoping projects, you partner across OTG Group departments to concept design for different department needs. This position directly manages the the Junior Graphic Designer and reports directly into the OTG Group Director of Brand.
As the Design Team Lead, you inspire and contribute to the team's creative design development and success. The ideal candidate is both extremely detail oriented and milestone-centric, while also possessing an interest in diverse design styles associated with managing numerous brands and visual identities.
This is a full-time position that requires a Monday through Friday schedule. In addition, some nights and weekends may be required associated with completing deliverables associated with events.
• Manage the design team (in-house and contractors) to meet design deliverables for different projects on short timelines
• Work cross functionally with OTG Group departments to Concept Design to meet department needs
• Manage the intake and prioritization of incoming design requests and communicate status and expected completion dates to departments
• Manage design across projects to ensure that the aesthetics of the products are consistent regardless of design platform.
• Help scope out projects with outside contractors then manage projects to ensure successful completion
Design and Concepting:
• Contribute to the constant improvement of the design of the products and the UX of product websites and apps.
• Work with marketing team to create consistent branding on websites, advertisements, marketing campaigns, print, and other brand touchpoints
• Inspire the Design team to constantly develop and improve their own design ability to push the products forward
• Assist in executing amazing experiences that elevate the brand and its products with customers and partners, and help tell our story in both physical and digital moments
• Contribute to the next chapter of OTG Group's story by helping push the brand forward
• Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years of experience in a related position, designing for brand, web, print, campaigns,and environment and interactive experiences
• Educational/Position Requirements: 4 year degree or equivalent in graphic design or related field
• Management Experience: 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring other designers
• Computer/Software Applications: Must be fluent and efficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects (or other equivalent motion design/video editing program)
• Project Management experience or acting as a project lead with designs and developers
• Ability to manage and work with Agency partners and freelancers
• An exceptional portfolio featuring examples of multi-channel design projects
• A strong interest in growing and developing brand guidelines and systems
• Experience in both web design and mobile design
• Experience with Wordpress and other content management systems
• A connoisseur of experiences and a passion for food is a plus
Availability Requirements: This is a full-time position that requires a Monday through Friday schedule. In addition, some nights and weekends may be required associated with completing deliverables associated with events.
Work Environment: This worker is subject to inside environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger. Specific vision abilities are required, which include visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. In addition, the employee must occasionally handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Off the Grid Diversity Statement:
OTG Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values differences among our associates, customers, vendors, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. Our continued success and growth is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout the company and our communities. OTG Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please provide a cover letter with your resume, indicating your salary requirements, a link to your digital portfolio (if applicable), and tell us why you'd be a great fit for this position.