compensation: Starting at $20-$23/hr employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We're Cruise (www.getcruise.com), and are testing our self driving cars in San Francisco and Arizona. We're looking for detail-oriented and tech-savvy individuals to help us build our specialized maps.
As a Mapping Technician, you'll play an important role in bringing self driving cars to the world. Our specialized maps are required before we can put our self driving cars on the road. You'll use our computers in our San Francisco office (in SoMa) to help label our high definition maps and identify features (like lane locations and traffic control devices) so that our car understand how to interact in the world. The layers are added using a layers-based editing program (QGIS) similar to Photoshop/Illustrator.
This is a W-2 position through our third party staffing provider. You will be an employee of them and have access to health benefits, 401k, and more. Pay starts at $20/hr and is for business hours Monday through Friday (40hrs per week).
You should have strong attention to detail, good knowledge of how to use a computer, and good understanding of driving laws and behavior. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. You'll be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
* Must be able to work at our San Francisco office during business hours Monday through Friday.
* Must work well in teams. You'll be working with others, and helping each other complete your projects.
* Must be able to think through complex traffic control situations, such as right of ways and intersection navigation.
* Knowledge of driving laws and basic navigation
* Experience with layer-based editing software, or ability to learn basic functionalities
* BS/BA degree a plus, but not required (particularly if you have art/editing background)
* GIS experience a plus, but not required
* Acute attention to detail is a must
* Existing work experience or military experience preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Comfortable with technology