Yoo-hoo! We are currently seeking a Lead Game Designer to join our studio to anticipate the needs of our products while exuding ownership & a humble attitude. This is a new role in our growing studio that will report into a Game Design Director & manage a team of Designers out of our studio in Vancouver, British Columbia.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead & mentor a close-knit team of designers in creating, improving & tuning features to create engaging player experiences.
- Define & analyze key user metrics to improve game performance & health.
- Continually evaluate & iterate on live game features, events & economies to improve monetization & retention.
- Communicate & set project objectives, strategies & general info to all designers for the development of our games.
- Supervise & motivate other designers in best practices, processes & procedures pertaining to production.
- Provide ongoing feedback through one-on-one meetings with peers & leads.
- Stay up-to-date on current free-to-play game trends and best practices.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years of mobile game design.
- Bachelor &/or diploma in Art, Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience balancing & tuning game economies & systems for live games.
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills.
- Experience balancing & tuning game economies & systems.
- Familiarity with data analysis & evaluation. You know how to make meaningful conclusions.
- Extensive experience & knowledge of free-to-play mobile games and best practices.
- Outstanding communication & documentation skills. Must be able to communicate with an entire development team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Not sure how far loonies or toonies will go? No need to worry! Here is a list of the benefits provided for new hires:
- Covered Relocation* & Immigration Fees. Bring yourself, family & pets!
- Competitive salary in the Canadian Tech Market. Okay, so you won't be making as much up here, but we also don't even come close to 50 - 60 hour work weeks.
- Extended benefits provided by East Side Games - you pay next to nothing
- We got vision, dental & extended medical.
- Want chiropractic, massage, physiotherapy, psychology, naturopathic too? Wow! Okay you can have that too!
- Long Term Disability (sorry, you got to pay a small portion into it only)
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation...go home and visit the family you left behind!
Just a Few Other Fabulous things Vancouver/Canada provides....
- Like the beach? We got that. Like snow sports? We got mountains 25 minutes from Downtown.
- Mild weather with little to no snow (except our Mountains)... we're hated by the rest of Canada.
- 1 year of Maternity/Paternity Leave if needed...(reduction to salary does apply).
- Affordable provincial health care! Sure, it's somewhat socialist, but you'll have access to a variety of health needs...for max $150 per month!