compensation: Hourly based on experience, or @ $5,000/month, 2-3 months DOE, with potential to extend to longer-term or permanent position. employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Steelys Drinkware, a wholesale B2B sustainable product business based in San Francisco, has a contract project for an on-site writer and product marketing content coordinator, with opportunity to evolve into a permanent full-time job, or ongoing contract position.
Based in a casual, artsy, converted loft space in Dogpatch, we’re a mission-based, green-certified small business that manufactures, markets and distributes a range of drink ware and food ware products and accessories that cut single-use plastic waste. Recognized as a pioneering product innovator in the zero waste movement, we have been lucky to work with high-profile values-driven brands, progressive public policy makers and some of the leading sustainability non-profits and activist groups on the planet. Steelys has been established for more than a decade and we specialize in custom printed goods, sold in case quantities, delivering to customers throughout the U.S. and abroad.
We seek a resourceful, self-directed, creative individual for this contract web writing and marketing coordination project, which we anticipate will require a 2-3 month full-time or part-time commitment, depending on how we set it up and your performance, with potential for additional work.
Project will involve expanding and refreshing our digital presence and writing to market a range of new products. We’re in process of updating our main website to new mobile-friendly format, adding dozens of new products, and building several related niche product websites. We require an individual with strong marketing know-how, excellent organizational and project management skills, and proven experience in creating, editing and managing online content.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll work directly with our founder and CEO to coordinate and execute projects involving writing, editing and marketing our products online. You will write and edit product descriptions and other copy for our B2B websites, following our informative and approachable brand voice, to SEO best practices, including metadata. You will conduct product research, coordinate and gather product samples, photos and information from our suppliers and factories. You will compile, edit and organize extensive product and lifestyle photography. You will collaborate with designers and our web development team, input content using WordPress template. The position could evolve beyond initial tasks and timeframe and into other assignments like writing blog posts, case studies, social media, email marketing, recruiting, and related special projects for the founder or some of the non-profit activist work we do.
We prefer candidate who can work in our San Francisco office, where it will be more convenient to collaborate with our team, review product samples, and move quickly. We might consider a candidate who works from our physical office for periodic meetings, and does some work offsite, while maintaining strict deadlines.
• B.A. in English, Writing, Journalism, Marketing or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of experience in product marketing, writing, editing, and proofreading, developing and producing web content.
• Samples of writing product content and marketing communications. (Passion about the environment and experience writing about sustainability initiatives a plus!)
• Ability to emulate our existing brand voice and demonstrate strong knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Advanced user experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel); Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest); WordPress web dashboards. Familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Solid on organization and attention to detail. Self-motivated, with ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, follow direction, contribute your own ideas, and work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment.
If interested please send us an email and tell us about your experience and why you might be a good match, with resume or link to online portfolio or examples of work. Again, we much prefer an individual who can work at our space in San Francisco. Thanks, awesome candidate, we look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers