compensation: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are seeking an Industry Group Operations Coordinator to join our dynamic and collegial 4-person Client Services team. Farella Braun + Martel LLP is a premier 125-attorney San Francisco based full-service business law firm. FBM represents a broad-range of clients in high-stakes commercial, civil and criminal litigation and sophisticated business transactions. We are a Bay Area Business Times "Best Places to Work" winner. We were also the first SF law firm to become a City-certified Green Business.
The Industry Group Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Client Services and assists the Industry Group Leaders with the coordination of activities and operations related to the management and marketing of each industry group. This role is newly created to support our industry groups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Specific
• Develops a working relationship with each of the six industry group leaders (and assistant-group leaders as
applicable), including a detailed understanding of their market position, client targets, marketing strategies and
• Coordinates intergroup communications through development of monthly meetings that are designed to reach
the strategic goals of the industry group. Schedules meetings, develops agendas, takes and distributes meeting
minutes which include tasks or actions identified, due dates and person responsible for executing.
• Works with Industry Group Leaders to develop tools/systems to track actions, ensure their completion and
communicate status to Industry Group Leaders and members. Includes appropriate follow-up.
• Records information on clients and contacts in CRM database, InterAction.
• Implements an internal communications program to share best practices across industry groups, promotes
client wins and highlights Industry Groups’ skills and expertise.
• Defines and coordinates industry professional association activity to ensure maximum penetration, strategic
involvement, and brand development for each industry group.
• Develops and shares industry knowledge, using tools such as Manzama, Law360, etc.
• Ensures Website (fbm.com) is up to date with changes in the industry groups, new matters, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience,
skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: College degree required with emphasis in business, marketing, communications or English preferred.
Advanced degree a plus.
Experience: Office experience, preferably in a law firm or professional service marketing department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic understanding of law firm business models, operations, marketing strategies and communications.
• Develop understanding of industry groups and needs.
• Understanding of legal services provided by the Firm and the ability to write and converse about them.
• High level of proficiency in the use of the MS Office Suite of software (Excel, Word, Outlook and
PowerPoint); document management software; website software and other related software.
• Understanding of database technology. Ability to thoroughly learn to use the Firm’s CRM database,
• Ability to conduct basic research and pull content from the internet.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Individually motivated to complete projects without direct supervision.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to
coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
Level: Works under moderate supervision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; extensively use a computer keyboard and mouse; reach; and talk and listen. The employee is frequently required work at a work station (sitting or standing), as well as to lift and transport objects such as documents and files weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office and reach items above or below desk level. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, including moderate noise level, an indoor temperate environment, and light levels that are bright and conducive to minimal eye strain, typical for an office workstation environment.
SCOPE OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATIONS: This job description intends to describe the general
nature of the job and does not represent that all such duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. This job description does not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform and in no way alters the firm’s at-will employment policies. Substantive changes to this job description may be necessary to meet the changing business needs of the firm. Any substantive revisions to this job description require the approval of the Director of Human Resources.
TO APPLY: We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send resume and cover
letter with salary requirement.
Farella Braun + Martel LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities