QR Code Link to This Post
Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: AP Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: Laurel Heights
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday - Friday
Requisition #: 52288BR
As a seasoned experienced professional with a comprehensive understanding of UC, campus, and unit academic practices, policies, and procedures, the Academic Personnel (AP) Generalist resolves moderate to complex academic Human Resources (HR) - related issues affecting a broad range of academic titles in imaginative and practical ways.
The AP Generalist serves as a member of an Academic Team within a shared-services model of the integrated AP / HR organization. This position will be the key academic personnel contact for client department(s) and is responsible for collaborating with department(s), schools, business units and specialty centers to deliver efficient and effective academic personnel services to ensure compliance with UCSF policy and procedures. This position will also be the academic leave specialist for several departments.
The individual will be responsible for:
1) managing leaves of absences for the faculty and non-faculty academic populations for several departments, including review of, and compliance with the individual Departmental Compensation Plans.
2) administering faculty and non-faculty academic (NFA) appointment and advancement actions in a timely manner in accordance with various deadlines established by the Academic Affairs Vice Provost Office. Responsibilities include preparing, sending out call letters, soliciting references, obtaining letters of recommendation and / or teaching evaluations, reviewing packets to ensure academic packets are in compliance with school and university requirements before submitting to the Vice Provost–Academic Affairs (VPAA) office for review and approval.
3) managing and reviewing payroll for academic populations to ensure timely and compliant processing takes place, including the review, uploading and / or forwarding payroll changes via the Magical PAF Machine system (MPM) or to Transact for keying if the upload failed, and the processing / resolution of pay adjustments.
4) Reviewing and processing the tickets within the Service Request System, and responding to client emails and requests, ensuring internal deadlines are met.
The candidate will utilize the ability to interpret and apply campus academic personnel practices, policies and procedures, work on diverse and complex problems, and analyze a variety of factors to recommend and implement solutions. The AP Generalist will be held accountable to high customer service standards, perform all duties with tact, discretion and according to confidentiality requirements, display excellent written and verbal communication skills, collaborate with colleagues, departments, central units, and be able to meet internal human resources deadlines.
UCSF Human Resources (HR) provides quality HR services to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse workforce within a supportive work environment.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (HR) or related area and minimum three years of experience, and / or equivalent experience / training
• Ability to apply / interpret system wide and campus policies and procedures which govern academic HR and leave administration
• Has ability to analyze complex issues, make recommendations and advise clients on personnel issues
• Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences both verbally and in writing
• Human Resources Certification
• Prior experience working in an academic environment
• Prior experience with leaves administration
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume Click Here
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 52288BR Please note ad code ICRL/ # 52288BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.