The Nurse Practitioner (NP) under the clinical supervision of the program Medical Director provides healthcare services within their scope of practice to clients withdrawing from addictive substances, primarily alcohol and benzodiazepines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct physical exams and document medical and medication history for clients admitted into Joe Healy Detoxification Program (JHDP).
2. Prescribes, monitors and assesses efficacy of withdrawal protocol medications.
3. Prescribes, monitors and assesses efficacy of physical and mental health medications based on assessment.
4. Assesses clients for potential medication assisted therapy (MAT), post-withdrawal protocol, and initiates MAT with client consent.
5. Completes Drug Medi-Cal documentation related to medications and review of client health.
6. Completes Incidental Medical Services documentation for approved protocols at JHDP.
7. Works closely with clients and program staff to promote medication and early substance use disorder recovery education.
8. Provides occasional practitioner coverage at one other Baker Places mental health residential program for medication-monitoring services.
9. Consult and coordinate client care with other community-based clinicians or clinics as needed.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Valid CA Nurse Practitioner license.
2. Must possess active CA NP Furnishing License.
3. At least three years of full time clinical experience required. Knowledge of substance use disorders is a plus.
4. Must have strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Experience with California Drug Medi-Cal and electronic medical record systems is a plus.
1. Must be able to navigate several flights of stairs numerous times a day.
2. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
3. Must be able to physically respond to clients' needs in the event of a crisis situation.
4. Must be able to do extensive charting and documentation.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS: Include medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, flexible spending account, employer funded 403(b) retirement plan, ample paid time off.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter. Please send as a Microsoft Word document or in PDF form.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Baker Places, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities