GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
QR Code Link to This Post
Assists the Kimochi Home Administrator in the administration and daily operation of assigned Kimochi, Inc. licensed residential care facility for the elderly.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of the staffing schedule for a 24-hour, seven day/week operating facility
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED:
This position reports directly to the Kimochi Home Administrator. This position provides direct supervision of direct care staff.
• Manage day-to-day operations of assigned Kimochi, Inc. licensed RCFE.
• Train, supervise, and evaluate facility direct care staff.
• Prepare monthly work shift schedules to ensure adequate staffing in accordance with agency policies and procedures and state law.
• Ensure compliance with California Department of Licensing regulations. Participate with Director of Residential Services in CADL compliance audits.
• Coordinate resident services including activity schedules, pre-admission interviews, conducts initial and annual assessments, and individual service plans.
• Collects residential fees, maintains resident’s files and records in compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Coordinate and order medications, food, and non-food supplies for the facility.
• Monitors and coordinates building and equipment maintenance needs.
• Reports incidents to the Kimochi Home Administrator, appropriate government departments, including the Ombudsman, as needed.
MARGINAL / NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs other duties as assigned and requested by the Kimochi Home Administrator.
• Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Mathematics: Using mathematics to keep track of spreadsheets, budgets, contracts, personnel, and clients for continual operation of facility.
• Speaking: Communicating with others to convey information effectively.
• Writing: Maintain written correspondences, documentation, reports and logs.
• Reading Comprehension: Reading and understanding written sentences and paragraphs related to work and safety rules, procedures, instructions and operating equipment.
• Organization: Maintaining order by planning work activities and schedules in an organized manner.
• Lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
• Follow instructions and work procedures.
• Work independently to perform and complete job functions.
• Effectively lead and motivate staff under his/her direction.
• Develop cooperative working relationships with others.
• Interact with diverse individuals at all levels within the organization and members of the public, including senior citizens, volunteers and employees.
• Common sense, problem-solving skills.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have or be able to obtain a RCFE Administrator certificate within 6 months of employment.
2. Bilingual and literate in Japanese and English preferred.
3. Good interpersonal and problem solving skills and common sense.
4. Organized self-starter who can perform multiple tasks at the same time
5. Computer knowledge and skills- Word, Excel, Databases, and developing forms, etc.
6. Masters degree in social welfare, gerontology, business, health related fields, or any social science preferred. Extensive qualifying experience in direct services delivery and supervision may be substituted for college work.
7. Minimum three years experience in direct services and supervision.