QR Code Link to This Post
Luce at the InterContinental San Francisco offers a dining experience that is the perfect marriage of local flavors and global inspiration focusing on modern American cuisine. Chef de Cuisine Daniel Corey’s approachable menu reflects the surrounding farms of San Francisco and changes according to freshness and seasonality. Pastas and all desserts are made in-house allowing for a truly distinctive dining experience. Luce has been recognized with a Michelin star since 2010. Luce at the InterContinental San Francisco offers a dining experience that is the perfect marriage of local flavors and global inspiration focusing on modern American cuisine. Chef de Cuisine Daniel Corey’s approachable menu reflects the surrounding farms of San Francisco and changes according to freshness and seasonality. Pastas and all desserts are made in-house allowing for a truly distinctive dining experience. Luce has been recognized with a Michelin star since 2010.
This exciting position overseas wine & beverage for all outlets to include Luce restaurant as well as Banquets.
Manage the bar/lounge, restaurant and banquet wine program and beverage purchasing operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established beverage quality and guest service quality standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, responsible service of alcohol, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. A passion for spirits, wines and grappa is a must in this position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure all staff including Sales team is properly trained, and certified as required, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
* Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and receive prompt and professional service.
* Establish and implement appropriate service recovery procedures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
* Create innovative programs and promotions to market restaurant and bar. Support IHG food and beverage programs including the WCBP. Monitor performance of such programs through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective measures as needed. Assist in conducting meetings to inform staff of special promotions, daily specials, and additional information.
* Establish strong working relationship with vendors and suppliers, working to ensure they are working with the promotions and streamlining new products
* Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability for assigned outlet(s). Assist in preparation of operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the food and beverage department.
* Establish and maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of liquor, bar inventory, wine and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and breakage of glassware and supplies.
* Establish par levels for beverages . Establish procedures and timeframes for conducting inventory. Establish and implement new inventory/bin number system for tracking and assisting servers utilizing systems in place including but not limited to Micros, Binwise and Avero reportings.
* Responsible for the purchasing of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages within the hotel
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
* Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
o Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
o Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
* Serve as Manager on Duty
* Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
* Supervises the beverage outlets in a large, full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets, high volume banquet and convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and key guests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of restaurant management/bar management/wine steward/sommelier experience in a full service outlet or similar setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospitality Management Degree or formal food and beverage operations training preferred. Must speak fluent English.