compensation: Min wage plus tips employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Alexander's Steakhouse, a modern fine dining steakhouse located in the SoMa district of San Francisco, is seeking Fine Dining Front Waiters to round out our professional, dedicated team. Here at Alexander’s Steakhouse, we offer a fine dining interpretation of a Modern American Steakhouse with hints of Japanese influences throughout our menu. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service as well as our meticulously curated beef program with emphasis on highlighting small farms from the Us, Australia, and Japan. Featuring classic cuts such as Ribeye, Bone-In New York and Filet Mignon, to sustainable seafood, composed small plates and the largest variety of Wagyu Steak in the U.S. (we currently feature 11 types of Wagyu from 10 different prefectures). We also highlight dry-aged steaks and offer the finest and most luxurious products available including two tasting menus and an award-winning wine list.
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional overall dining experience for all of our guests. By interacting and coordinating with employees in both the front and back of the house, you must ensure that no detail is overlooked from having a clean service area, to bringing out plates while the food is fresh and hot.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make all guests feel comfortable by welcoming, greeting, and thanking them for their visit; let them know you’re there to personally take care of them;
• Provide excellent customer service by informing guests of daily specials and menu changes; Make recommendations as needed. Answer their questions about our food (and potential food allergies), beverages, wine pairing and other restaurant services;
• Responsible full cycle food service; take, enter, and deliver all food and beverage orders to your assigned tables in a timely manner. Ensure that guests are satisfied with their order and respond promptly to any requests;
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable); and
• Perform any additional duties as assigned or needed, including but not limited to: service station side work, maintaining a clean service area, and assisting fellow front waiters and back waiters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age;
• Food Handler Card certification required, otherwise to be obtained within 30 days from date of hire;
• Excellent verbal communications skills;
• Regularly communicate in a positive and effective manner with our guests in a fast paced environment.
• Maintain a well groomed appearance per the Dress code in the employee handbook;
• Write in a legible manner;
• Maintain a positive, friendly attitude.
• Ability to use a Point-of-Sale device.
To learn more about us and apply please visit www.alexanderssteakhouse.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers