compensation: Based on experience with excellent bonus potential, Employer paid health, dental and vision employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
There are people who produce events, and there are people who produce EVENTS. You know, serious events, the kind you talk about years into your career. Like that time you put together a luncheon with President Barack Obama and haggled with the secret service over the event program. Or when you had to hustle to find the right kind of lemonade for Dave Matthews before his private performance at Jane Goodall’s 80th birthday party. Or maybe it was the blowout tech product launch that you had to keep quiet for weeks…
It’s all in a day’s work at the Merchants Exchange.
We’re eager to find a smart, motivated, no-nonsense production manager to add to our long-tenured team of professionals. Merchants Exchange Productions has a long and storied track record of producing the City’s most high-level events in its most impressive historic venues, from the legendary Julia Morgan Ballroom to the stylish Merchants Exchange Club—and beyond. The right candidate will be self-motivated, drama-free and excited to join us as we grow.
Our production managers are responsible for organizing and producing all aspects of our events, managing logistics and working directly with clients throughout the planning process to meet every expectation. Our venues host a dizzying array of event types, from the chicest and opulent weddings and social events to marquee corporate gatherings and the city’s most important nonprofit galas. As a production manager, you’re at the center of it all. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Foster and maintain existing relationships with clients as well generate new contacts
• Main point of contact for clients for all site visits, tastings, overall coordination throughout the planning process and day of
• Work with clients with budgeting, menu selections, room set up, décor, entertainment, talent, etc.
• Work in conjunction with Sales Team to ensure alignment on client expectations and budgeting
• Collaborate with the Culinary Team and Beverage department to ensure understanding of menu items and products, special requests, dietary restrictions, food and beverage service, etc.
• Collaborate with Productions Team for ongoing coordination between all events – corporate, non- profit, weddings, and social events
• Day of presence throughout the event
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Attend weekly BEO meetings and monthly Productions meetings
• Respond to email messages/inquiries and return phone calls in a timely manner both internally and externally
• Ensure all BEO’s are accurate and detailed with menu selections, beverage packages, timelines, vendor needs, set up information, internal notes and instructions as well as other line item costs
• Create floor plans with the accurate layout of event including all details, requirements, and needs
• Ensure all information on BEO’s and floor plans are updated and distributed internally in a timely manner, meeting all deadlines each week leading up today of the event
• Ensure in house inventory can fulfill client's requests, working with vendors on rentals to supplement needs
• Contract vendors for specific needs - audiovisual/lighting, floral, linens, decor, music, talent, wedding cakes, etc.
• Maintain timelines day of throughout event with all contracted vendors
• Negotiate the best price for vendors - work closely with all vendors to pull quotes, establish set-up/strike guidelines, collaborate with Productions Team on other events occurring to maximize quotes and deliveries
• Schedule pickups and deliveries as well as coordinate load-ins and load-outs adhering to all building and venue parameters
• Reconcile all orders upon delivery as well as post-event, handling missing/undelivered items and submitting invoices in a timely manner
• Schedule appropriate number of staff for each event contracting with external staffing agencies as necessary
• Work closely with event manager day of for overall execution of the event - direct the FOH staff, manage and maintain timelines, communicate with Culinary Team, interact with the client, etc…
• Coordinate with Culinary Team timing and execution of service
• Ensure all staff for the event is on time, sign in and take appropriate breaks
• Manage the FOH staff day of - review event, expectations, all job responsibilities and assignments
• Work with staff throughout the event regarding ongoing training - service, standards, dress code, food, and beverage knowledge, etc…
• Minimum of 2 year’s private event experience in an event company, high-end hotel, private club, fine dining restaurant, etc...
• Versed in various types of event planning preferred – corporate, nonprofit, weddings and social events
• High level of professionalism and positive attitude
• Pleasant, calming demeanor in all situations
• Professional appearance and attire
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision
• Excellent English oral and written skills
• Articulate and well-spoken
• Have regular access to e-mail and the internet
• Regular access to a cellular phone which enables email, internet, voice and text messages
• Available to work a flexible schedule that will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the events calendar and seasonal changes
• Punctual and highly reliable
• Have the stamina to work up to 10+ hours, standing and walking a fair amount of the duration of the event.
• Ability to bend, stoop, lift up to 25lbs, reach overhead and perform repetitive motion
• May involve walking between venues and climbing stairs between floors
• A current California Food Handlers Certificate
Compensation & Benefits
• Based on experience
• Bonus percentage based on sales
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401k option
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Commuter Plan for transit and parking
ABOUT MERCHANTS EXCHANGE PRODUCTIONS
The Merchants Exchange team produces the City’s most important events in its most iconic venues, the Julia Morgan Ballroom and the Merchants Exchange Club. From planning and logistics to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, Merchants Exchange Productions is a fully-integrated solution that offers clients ease-of-use, unparalleled quality, consummate professionalism and peace of mind. At the heart of the San Francisco Financial District in the landmark Merchants Exchange building, every event we execute is a true San Francisco experience.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers