compensation: Salaried position, $65-80k range. Compensation to be determined by experience, fit, and ability level. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking to add an experienced Kitchen Manager / Chef to our friendly team at Kitava, a fast-casual restaurant located at 2011 Mission Street at the site of a former McDonald’s. Our goal is to improve people’s lives through healthy food and conscious sourcing, and we’d like to add a passionate back-of-house leader to help us grow.
The Kitchen Manager / Chef is expected to own all aspects of food production, food quality, and kitchen operations for the restaurant. Anything related to the restaurant’s ability to serve delicious food consistently is the Kitchen Manager’s responsibility. This is a critical position for our kitchen operations, and will report directly to the Owner/General Manager.
We’re looking for a highly organized, detailed-oriented team player who doesn’t mind rolling their sleeves up in the kitchen, and cares about serving health-conscious food in a fun environment.
- Managing back-of-house staff and scheduling
- Kitchen staff training, hiring, and firing
- Understanding and maintaining up-to-date recipe documentation
- Inventory management, including ordering, receiving, and communicating with vendors
- Maintaining full menu availability for service
- Ensuring high food quality and accurate plating standards
- Managing food costs, labor costs, and efficient ticket times
- Assisting with recipe development as needed
- Any other duties required to run an effective kitchen operation
- 2+ years managing food service operations
- Previously held position of Kitchen Manager, Chef, or other significant restaurant leadership role
- Has managed line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, and service staff, including hiring and firing
- Has published weekly staff schedules, and managed kitchen staff labor costs
- Previously responsible for inventory management, including placing orders for meat, produce, dry goods, and - supplies
- Has costed menu items within food cost guidelines, and is familiar with recipe development
- Has implemented systems for training, dish plating, inventory tracking, ordering, and other important restaurant functions
- Spanish language proficiency
- Fast-casual restaurant experience
- Familiarity with restrictive diets (i.e. gluten-free, paleo, vegan, keto, etc.)
- Experience running payroll or managing restaurant financials using software products such as Homebase and Google Sheets
- Comfortable using Google Docs and other digital software products
- Salaried position, $65-80k range based on experience
Kitava is a fast-casual restaurant built for health-conscious eaters from the ground up. We specialize in comforting classics with a healthy twist, with a globally-inspired menu featuring 100% gluten-free, paleo, and veggie-centric meals with a heavy emphasis on health-promoting ingredients everyone can enjoy. We believe in serving consciously-sourced food that tastes great and is good for our health.
Why do we care?
Whether someone is paleo, gluten-free, or simply health-conscious, finding exciting food that fits their lifestyle and food values can be a challenge. That’s why our menu features comforting dishes that are also health-promoting, like our General Tso’s Chicken (made with cassava flour breading and cooked in sustainably sourced palm oil) and Butternut Squash Hummus (with fresh squash and middle eastern spices, served with taro root chips).
Our first location is housed in a former McDonald’s restaurant in the heart of the Mission, which we have converted to represent what the future of accessible healthy food can become!
- Salaried position, $65-75k range
- Compensation to be determined by experience, fit, and ability level
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers