Mikkeller Brewing is seeking a Full Time Lead Beertender to join our team. The Lead Beertender
will help maintain culture and positive vibe of the brand experiences in the Tasting Room, while
serving patrons world-class Mikkeller beers. This position will report directly to the Director of
At Mikkeller we pride ourselves in delivering unique beer offerings and experiences. We
feature 80+ releases of unique beers a year and are expanding our reach all over the United
States. We have 2 tasting rooms in the greater San Diego area and feature a full-service
restaurant in San Francisco. We also have an e-commerce platform delivering beer to 10 states
as well as merchandise and nonalcoholic beer to all 50 states. We distribute beer across the
United States and are in 13 markets coast to coast with plans on expanding to additional
markets in the next 18 months. We also import Mikkeller products from all over the globe for
distribution and sale in the United States.
Mikkeller is all about the beer, but we are so much more than a beer brand. We have one of
the largest running clubs in the world in addition to our cycling club. With over 50 team
members in the United States and with 40 sister locations worldwide. We are a global brand
that is about being active, taking risks, and settling for nothing less than the best beer and
What you will do:
• Convey knowledge about our company, our products, and everything our brand has to
• Driven, positive attitude, solution based and go getter mentality.
• Provide above and beyond customer service with every customer.
• Provide service to each guest courteously, quickly, and efficiently.
• Lead by example and be a brand ambassador at all times.
• Conduct proper cash handling and sales through POS systems. Balance the cash drawer
at the end of each shift. Distribute cash tips among beertenders.
• Ensuring the team takes required breaks and does not go into any unapproved
• Delegate tasks to the team and ensure all side work is completed.
• Properly communicate nightly reports to management.
• Maintain a clean, safe, focused, and productive environment on a daily basis.
• Use good judgment and communication when interacting with coworkers and tasting
• Understand when to elevate situations and report any issues to management.
• Answer guests’ questions or resolve customer issues/complaints, seek management
• Monitor the actions of guests on a continuous basis to ensure safety; reports any
potential issues to management
• Responsible for ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of all bar areas.
• Ability to work as part of a team and create a fun environment for all guests.
• Assist with training new employees on all things Mikkeller and beer education.
• Perform monthly inventory counts of beer and merchandise.
• Responsible for opening and closing duties of the tasting room.
• Instruct Tasting Room staff on how to follow SOPs, enforce SOP protocols, and update
• Communicate with Tasting Room staff about new beer releases and their flavor profiles.
• Change kegs and help maintain a clean and organized cold box.
• Oversee cleanliness of all physical bar areas, paying special attention to possible health
hazards and code violations.
• Adhere to safety, sanitation and responsible alcohol service policies and procedures
• Assist management in event planning and execution..
• Assist in executing Mikkeller’s social media program - assist with stories on SoMe
• Assist in any retail location, in any capacity, that is deemed necessary
• Conduct proper sales through the POS system
• Performs all other duties as assigned by management
• Storefront Key Holder
Skills and experience required for this position:
• Passionate about the Mikkeller Brand
• 21+ Years of Age
• Strong work ethic and full commitment to guest satisfaction
• Have a positive attitude and outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
• Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to
representing the brand
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities with a focus on providing an exceptional guest
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time
• Ability to routinely lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to bend, stoop, push and pull
• Availability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings,
weekends and holidays
• A minimum of 2 - years experience in customer service and hospitality
• Complete understanding of our draft system (Flux Capacitor)
• Cicerone Certified Beer Server (must complete and submit 1 month after hire)
• Current RBS Certification (must complete and submit on first week after hire)
• California Food Handlers Certification (must complete and submit on first week after
• $18.32/hr + pooled tips
• Full Time Employment/ +Benefits
• Non - Exempt
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers