Please note: This is a part-time position. Hours are based on your availability and the events schedule.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Merchants Exchange Productions team brings more than 50 years combined experience hosting and producing special events in San Francisco. From planning and logistics, to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, Merchants Exchange Productions is the only fully-verticalized event production service tied exclusively to three of the City's finest venues - Julia Morgan Ballroom, Merchants Exchange Club and Credo Restaurant. That's why every event executed by Merchants Exchange Productions is more than just an event, it is a true San Francisco experience.
• In conjunction with the Productions Team, oversee the day of execution of events as well as overall service aspect throughout
• Thoroughly review all event materials and documents prior to arriving on site asking questions prior to arriving at the venue
• Attend full pre-shift meeting with the Production Manager and FOH team
• Be the client's primary contact and liaison throughout event, attentive to all client's needs.
• Assist with all front of the house set-up: registration, packages, signage, stanchions, screens, easels, coat check, etc...
• Oversee vendor load-in/load-out, directing vendors and fielding any questions
• Ensure vendors are following all protocols of the building while on property
• Manage the event timeline: continually connect with client, vendors and the culinary team to keep the event on track. Consistently follow-up/check-in with all leads throughout event.
• Ensure service standards are demonstrated by all servers on a consistent basis
• Uphold dress code for all FOH team members (servers, bartenders, bar backs, coat check)
• Managing FOH team members throughout event - proper set ups, assigning tasks, breaks, ensuring proper execution, proper service and safety techniques, etc...
• Ensuring FOH is working efficiently and maintain productivity levels throughout shift
• Work with team members to report low inventory items and breakage immediately
• Alert the Productions management team regarding building maintenance issues, cleaning needs, necessary repairs and/or emergency situations.
• Manage strike and cleanup of venue and kitchen areas after event has concluded, securing client and venue items as necessary
• Final walkthrough of venue at the end of the event ensuring all staff, guests, clients and vendors have left, all items and rooms secure, etc...
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of 2 year's private event experience in an event company, hotel, private club, fine dining restaurant, etc...
• High level of professionalism
• Professional appearance and attire
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be a proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision
• Excellent English written and oral skills
• Articulate and well spoken
• Ability to multi task and adapt in all situations
• Punctual and reliable
• Friendly and outgoing personality
• A professional and positive attitude at all times
• Calm demeanor, able to think on your feet
• Versed in a variety of events - corporate, non-profit, social and restaurant operations
• Available to work a flexible schedule that will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the events schedule and seasonal changes
• Have regular access to e-mail and the internet
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Compensation based on experience
• Health benefits offered to full time team members
• Commuter Plan for Transit & Parking