We are a elegant coffeehouse/cafe/beer and wine located between two UC Hastings buildings at SF Civic Center. It is located one block from BART and easy access to Muni. You will enjoy working here as our cafe is a local favorite, offering great food and drink to students, faculties, civic and tech workers in our neighborhood.
Position description: We are looking for happy, energetic, hard working self starter candidates to work as part of a cafe team to perform cashiering, barista, food, and cafe duties.
Positions: Depending on the the candidate, FT or PT positions are available.We have openings for weekday shift starting at 7AM and ends at 3:30PM. We also have openings for Saturday/weekend shift that goes from 9 AM to 2PM.
The salary will be commensurate with your previous experience and ability, plus a share of tips for the hours worked. Additional hours can be added if desired and available.
*Main duties: Consistently make and deliver highest quality espressos drinks - lattes, chai/tea, and frap/smoothies - and breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads, and wraps with quality and speed
* Great customer service: make customers feel welcomed, understand and help them with drinks and food selections, and explain cafe facilities and policies
* Keep workplace and patron area clean and organized, including opening/closing duties
* Ensure quality and quick delivery of customer orders
* Treat customers and team members with courtesy and respect
- Previous food, cafe, or barista experience is preferred
- Candidate is neat, honest, punctual, well-mannered, presentable, and a quick and willing learner
- Candidate has a happy disposition, enjoys customer interactions, and is motivated in delivering excellent customer experience
- Capable of delivering quality food and drinks during rush hours
- Reasonably stable work history, 1-2 year durations
- Provide two (2) references from your previous workplace
- Legally employable in the US
- Ideal candidate has 1 or more years of solid experience in food service industry
- Food handling certificate. We will pay for it if you're hired.
About us, we:
* Are a 4+ star Yelp-rated coffee bar/cafe with many loyal customers who have been with us for years.
* Are dedicated in serving students and staff of UC Hastings and Academy of Arts, surrounding businesses and government entities (US Federal and SF), and local residents.
* Enjoy providing friendly service with top quality food and beverages
* Maintain a collegial and friendly working environments
* Are an equal opportunity employer
* Listen to you and our customers!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers