Baker / Cook at Provender 20-35 hrs/week (potrero hill)
compensation: 15.59 starting pay plus tips employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
1415 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Cook / Baker Position
Various shift times are available.
3-5 shifts per week, 20-35 hours per week.
Provender is a small (tiny) neighborhood café / bakery all about friendly atmosphere, high quality coffee, in-house pastries, and a short list of popular breakfast / lunch toasts.
We value attention to detail, positive attitude, and great communication skills.
Kitchen experience is preferred but not required. All of our bakers/cooks receive targeted training on-site. If you’re new to cooking and baking but you love to learn and create, this may be a great fit for you.
We can also offer opportunity to an experienced cook/baker with strong creative aspirations. This could be the space you’re looking for to test out your own concepts and infuse your own style.
• Working efficiently while communicating well with your teammates.
• Preparing doughs and baking our menu of basic pastries
• Preparing mise en place for our small toast menu. Assembling toast orders.
• Operating Square POS, Postmates and Caviar platforms when your workflow allows.
• Supporting the rest of the team in keeping the cafe running smoothly; This includes keeping your station tidy, clearing and washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, consolidating food items, unpacking and stocking deliveries, and other tasks as necessary.
MORE ABOUT PROVENDER:
We are a team of eight hardworking, friendly creatives and we take pride in our work and what we bring to our community.
Provender remains locally owned by original founders who are committed to maintaining a fresh, exciting, rewarding environment.
Our coffee/pastry/toast-bar program is now a well-established staple for our neighbors and continues to grow as a destination for our growing weekend crowd.
In addition to the daytime program, we also host evening pop-ups, often in conjunction with our partner, Ruby Wine. These lively events offer local food-creatives a space to develop their concepts. Our partners and staff have used this low-risk / high-fun venue to test new ideas and to launch successful businesses.
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers