compensation: Starting rate of $14.96 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
ON CALL / WAITRESS/WAITER (downtown / civic / van ness)
We are an upscale Senior Live Care Community Center located in Japantown, San Francisco. We are seeking a reliable Food Server to work 15 - 20 hours a week, weekends included.
• Prepares dining room for meal service operation, completes a variety of tasks such as replenishing and distributing condiments, setting tables and the like.
• Assists in setting up and breaking down, and cleaning up for resident and administrative catering functions.
• Maintains a pleasant and efficient atmosphere in the dining room by providing timely and efficient service.
• Prepares food items for trayline production.
• Serves meals and assists in buffet service for residents and guests, in full service dining room for residents and special events for residents and administration.
• Sets up and delivers meal trays; assists in trayline service.
• Serves salads, desserts, bread items and main entree.
• Busses dishes from dining room to kitchen after meal servings.
• Maintains glassware and silverware inventory at service stations and storage spaces.
• Cleans equipment such as delivery carts, steam tables and buffet equipment, coffee urn, juice machines, ice cream freezers, and toaster.
• May maintain inventory and supply lists.
• Performs related work as required.
Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions.
Patience and understanding of the aged. Ability to follow basic written and verbal
instructions. Clear verbal communication to assist residents and staff. Ability to
comprehend and follow instructions in the use of chemicals, solvents, kitchen
equipment and utensils and proper lifting techniques. Physical skills and ability to
perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting
up to 40 pounds. Ability to push or pull food carts weighing up to 300 pounds (may be done in conjunction with co-workers).
No previous experience required. Entry level position. Previous food service
REPORTS TO: Dining Room Supervisor and/or Dining Room Manager
Any applicant for employment with NCPHS, as a condition of employment, must successfully pass a controlled substances drug test and a criminal background check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers