Artesano is a fun and popular Latin restaurant located at 3415 California Street in San Francisco (cross street is Laurel Street, in the Laurel Heights neighborhood). We need a Cashier/Server and a Front-of-House Assistant Manager (full time or part time).
Artesano is a fast casual restaurant offering high quality customer service. During lunch time, customers order at the counter and then sit down. At night we offer great waiter service at the tables. Kitchen staff quickly prepares consistently delicious meals. Food and drinks are brought to the table by a smiling and friendly Cashier/Server. Our goal is to offer an outstanding experience to our guests, every time!
We give preference to experienced applicants with open availability (but we hire non-experienced people with a good positive attitude, a smile and great customer service). We give preference to those who live close to the restaurant. We want hard workers with a fun, contagious attitude, workers who can make guests have a great experience. We offer a fair wage in a fun, positive work environment, with room to grow professionally. Tips are pooled among all employees and come out to $4 to $5 per hour, extra tips for servers at night who give the table service.
Artesano wants a dynamic and skilled crew. We are looking for outstanding Cashiers/Food Servers with or without experience. We are committed to hiring responsible people and providing you with a great working environment. (Supervisor needs 1 year experience)
Why YOU should want to join our Team:
* Safe neighborhood Location
* Flexible scheduling is Possible
* 50% off employee meal Discount
* We offer competitive Wages + Tips
* There is opportunity for Advancement
* We want you to express your Individuality
* Come to work every day in a friendly Environment
* No formal scripts to memorize, we believe in Authenticity
Ask Yourself.....Are You The Best At What You Do?
Cashiers and Food Server Responsibilities:
* Follow all restaurant standards set by GM, Assistant Manager and Owner.
* Smile, greet, and serve customers making them feel welcome.
* Operate restaurant POS / cash register system accurately.
* Recognize menu items and accurately charge customers for purchases.
* Complete opening, mid-day and closing procedures efficiently.
* Work area is kept clean, organized and well stocked during hours of operation.
* Prepare beverages (Aguas Frescas, sodas, Beer, Wine Agave cocktails).
Requirements for ALL candidates:
* Availability to work at least 4 days a week (preference for 5 days a week)
* Precise cash management (basic math skills expected).
* Work well under pressure while delivering great customer service.
* Able to stand for long periods of time (6 hours or more).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential (English is a must).
* Must be available weekends and holidays.
* Will have a valid CA food handler's card.
* Must purchase non-slip shoes for work.
* Able to lift between 25 lbs or more.
Our FOH Assistant Manager is responsible for:
* Managing a shift with focus on guest satisfaction
* Managing/leading activities of the staff
* Proactively executing flawless customer satisfaction
* Supervising cash handling procedures
* Finding training opportunities through daily activities
* Inspiring the staff to look at job responsibilities through the guest perspective
The ideal Assistant Manager candidate will have:
* Around 1 years direct experience in a smaller restaurant dining environment
* Proactive guest issue prevention/guest relations skills
* Knowledge of restaurant POS And Office system management operations
* An open availability (days, nights, weekends)
* Must be committed to our mission and culture
Compensation for Assistant Manager: Depends on experience and number of work hours
- Up to $14.50 per hour + tips
- Salary available for candidate with full availability to work days and nights and weekends (no school, no other jobs). Salary up to $42,000 per year plus tips (total compensation could approach $50,000) for 55 to 60 hours of work per week.
Several ways to apply:
Walk In -- Come by Monday thru Friday between (2pm - 7pm), ask for application and bring in your resume.
Online - Send a resume in body of an email to this ad. Any emails with attachments will be delayed.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers