Work at a variety of catering and special events in the San Francisco area. Most gigs will occur during the evenings and weekends. You decide which days you would like to work :-)
Role #1: Experienced Event Chefs and Prep Chefs
We need experienced culinary professionals to work special events with our fine-dining catering partners. You are either an experienced cook or skilled chef looking for side-work in a fast-paced line situation. Event and catering gigs are generally farm-to-table plated dinners (weddings, large corporate events, fundraiser galas, etc.) and require experienced station chefs, hot station cooks, and prep cooks to work with the Bay Area's finest boutique catering companies. Guest counts can range from 30-1500 depending on the season and venue. YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE working in either fine-dining or high-end catering (hot-station, prep, well developed knife skills, etc.). Most catering gigs will begin between 1:30pm and 5:30pm during the week and weekends. Most of the events are in San Francisco, in addition to a handful of gigs in the East Bay, NAPA/Sonoma, and the Peninsula. Most station chefs may help with saute and hot station out on the floor. Line and prep work will most likely involve assembly and production of recipes, plating, butchery, and portioning of proteins. Depending on the role of each gig, both skills in both hot and cold stations will be utilized.
Role #2: DISHWASHERS - Experienced with high-volume restaurants or cafes
- Some gigs are early morning, others start in the late afternoon
- Dishwashing - wash and sanitize kitchen equipment, smallwares, and utensils
- Light Kitchen Prep - restock all ingredients for kitchen chefs, slicing, chopping, roasting, and other forms of food preparation and cooking
- Packaging Food - Portion, package, and pack out culinary dishes as directed by kitchen manager and chef.
- Setup/Breakdown - Clean, sweep and mop the kitchen area as needed. Take out trash, compost and recycling.
******YOU MUST BE RELIABLE AND SHOW UP ON TIME******
The pay is more for a reason. We only accept the most reliable and professional service professionals. Please be ready to provide references.
- Freedom - work as much or as little as you want. Be your own boss.
- Fun! - lots of our gigs cater to parties and music events (be it a wedding, a nightclub, a tech party, or a chill lounge).
- Let your industry reputation work for you. The more ratings you get (you can also provide us with previous references to speed things up), the more paid gigs you'll have access to.
Who can GigSurf:
- Chefs (Private Chefs looking for side work, event chefs, sous chefs and pastry chefs)
- Cooks (Line and Prep with 5+ years of experience)
- Front-of-house (experienced bartenders and servers...ask us for more info)
FILL OUT OUR FORM HERE: https://gigsurf.typeform.com/to/wn6Y8x
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers