GFDS Engineers is expanding and looking to build the structural engineering firm of the future. We have immediate openings for structural engineers with 2-5 years of experience designing new buildings or renovating existing ones.
About GFDS Engineers
GFDS Engineers has a long history of working with iconic architects such as Robert A.M. Stern, Lawrence Halprin, William Wurster, Joseph Esherick and Frank Gehry. Our focus is distinctive residential estates, hospitality resorts, and signature landmark buildings designed by top architects from the U.S. and abroad. Our offices are in the historic north waterfront area of San Francisco, the Big Island of Hawaii, and Aspen, Colorado. Our mission is to make architects heroes.
We are looking for structural engineers with excellent communication skills, an appreciation for fine architecture and experience in the structural design for new buildings or rehabilitation of existing buildings. A BSCE is required and a Master's in Structural Engineering preferred.
● Outstanding benefit plans for health, profit-sharing and bonuses, continuing education, 401k plans and more
● Ten Holidays per year and generous PTO
● Flexible work schedules
● Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, MathCAD (or Matlab, SMath) AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup and Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat Pro, Risa 2D/3D or other 2D/3D frame analysis programs, Enercalc or similar programs
● Excellent technical writing and communication skills
● 2-5 years experience in seismic, wind and gravity design and detailing of wood, steel, concrete and masonry
● Design, analysis and collaboration with co-workers, contractors and award-winning architects
● Preparing documents for construction using AutoCAD, Revit or sketches and markups to our CAD team
● Visiting construction sites, responding to contractor questions and preparing reports
The Location - San Francisco Office
● Easy walking (or scooter/skateboard) distance to BART, Ferry and Bus Terminals
● Beautiful office space with bright natural light, tall ceilings and open sit-stand workspaces
● Nearby great eateries, parks and the waterfront
Why Should You Apply?
● Work with top architectural and design firms
● Fantastic learning and growth opportunities
● Collaborative atmosphere with open forum for new ideas and problem solving
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to apply.