compensation: Depends Upon Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Construction Management Consulting Firm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Job Starts: Open Immediately
The Project Manager leads the project team that is responsible for ensuring the successful completion of a project from due diligence through bidding, construction and finally, close out. The Project Manager is the point person managing the relationship with the client through effective and regular communication, ensuring reasonable expectations are established and ensuring that results are delivered on time and on budget.
The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining the profitability of the project for Bergeman Group while ensuring client satisfaction. Project Managers are also responsible for identifying new opportunities to appropriately expand the scope of services with the existing client.
Line of Authority:
The Project Manager reports to the Project Director or Regional Manager, depending on the region. He/She has no direct reports, but oversees Assistant Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Controls Analysts as staffed on projects.
The Project Manager also collaborates and works closely with all departments including Design & Risk Management, Construction Services, Client Services and Finance & Accounting.
1. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Client and ensure that expectations are met and reflect the duties and deliverables outlined in the BG-Owner contract agreement.
2. Develop a communication plan to include reporting protocols, meetings schedules, key contacts and Client signoff. Maintain regular contact with the Client, providing regular updates according to established communication plan.
3. Work with Project Controls Analyst and/or Project Accounting Analyst to keep budget update to date. Manage the budgets and maintain BG's profitability on all projects for which the PM is responsible.
4. Ensure that the project team understands the scope, budget and deliverables outlined in each contract agreement. The agreed upon budget and level of service will dictate the depth, breadth and level of detail of deliverables and level of service. The agreed upon scope and budget may limit what and how we deliver. The Project Manager will need to ensure that BG and the project team do not perform work that exceeds or expands our contractual obligations without written authorization from the client for the additional work and any additional compensation.
5. Oversee and monitor the project team; BG, Owner, Contractors, Consultants, Manufacturers, Public Authorities, etc. Be aware of the expectations that each party may - or may not - have for others. Understand the role and ability of each participant.
6. Prepare, distribute, and maintain all correspondence including memos, meeting minutes, letters, checklists, client update reports, and other similar project reporting documents and/or assign a member of the Project Team to manage and ensure that it is completed.
7. Prepare project progress reports, and at all times keep Director of Construction Management, Project Director and/or Regional Manager fully informed of what is transpiring with the clients and projects.
8. Ensure that project tools, including Owner Insite and DPS are up-to-date to enable accurate progress and accounting reporting.
9. Plan and facilitate design development, pre-bid, construction, owner update, scheduling, and other coordination meetings.
10. For each project, take the necessary steps to manage BG's cash flow, including monthly review of client billings and accounts receivable. Take the necessary steps to ensure timely payments from clients, including coordinating invoicing changes with the BG accounting department if needed.
11. Project Managers will likely be responsible for multiple projects at the same time, and the Project Director and Project Team may vary from project to project.
12. As the primary contact with the Client the Project Manager is responsible for identifying new opportunities such as expanded services or changes in the scope of work, and with the support of the Project Director or Regional Manager, will negotiate contract terms and fees with clients.
13. A Project Manager is responsible for, his or her own personal safety. Should unsafe conditions exist, the Project Manager should immediately leave the unsafe area and contact the BG Project Director or Regional Manager for direction
14. Obtain safety training appropriate for this position and the specific conditions associated with each assigned project.
1. Verify that contracts for BG's services are approved, signed and executed, work with Client Services to ensure a seamless transition from project sales to active project management.
2. Work with Client Services and Project Accounting to ensure that that project start-up requirements are followed and correctly set up in Owner Insight and DPS.
3. Leveraging the BG 12-phase process, develop the work plan for each project, reflecting the agreed upon budget, scope and deliverables, and coordinate with the Director of Construction Management, Project Director and/or Regional Manager to establish the project team, budget, and schedule.
4. Take into account the effect of different project delivery methods during the set-up of all projects and establish budgets by subproject and then each of the 12 phases.
5. During design development, communicate to BG Design Specialists and Consultants the project's goals and restrictions including the intent of BERG's scope, the needed construction documents, start and completion schedules, and budget constraints.
6. Pre-qualify contractors and when possible assist Design Consultants with the assembly and distribution of bid packages for contractor pricing. Provide for bid coordination including assisting owners with bid opening, review, and presentation of bid summary documents.
7. Assist clients with contract negotiations and prepare AIA or DBIA format Owner-Contractor agreements for BG's clients when requested.
8. Track and distribute architect's supplemental instructions (ASI), bulletins, field directives and similar documents prepared by BG's Design Specialists and/or Consultants.
9. Negotiate and prepare Owner-Contractor change orders in a timely manner on the client's behalf.
10. Verify that shop drawings, submittals, and requests for information (RFI's) are checked by BG's Construction Services or Design staff or consultants and that they are returned to Owners and contractors in a reasonable time so as to avoid delays to the project. Leverage Owner Insite to ensure that corresponding documentation logs are maintained accurately and kept up to date.
1. Evaluate construction progress and anticipate project troubles or delays. Advise the client when the contractors' progress will exceed contractual limits. Negotiate any additional fees with the client if they are necessary for continuation of BG's services due to the contractors extended construction period or owner approved changes.
2. If within BG's scope, examine monthly contractor applications for payment and validate against actual work completed in the field. Upon validation, forward applications for payment to the Owner, including lien releases, for distribution of funds to the contractor.
3. When additional drawings, details, or specifications are needed to clarify conditions during construction, coordinate our response with the appropriate BG Design Specialists or Consultants or BG Construction Administrators.
4. Assist BG Construction Administrators and/or Field Specialists with punch lists and final inspections. Using this information, prepare certificates of substantial completion for each project when necessary. After completion of the punch list, and execution of all warranty and project closeout documents, forward the contractors' final application for payment to the Owner, including lien releases, for final distribution of funds.
1. Graduate from a 4-year college or university with a degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a similarly related field, or have demonstrated competence to function in this position.
2. 5 years of related industry experience.
3. Capable of preparing written documentation such as letters and reports on a professional level.
4. Ability to manage people and possess the communication skills to manage the project team and its participants.
5. Prioritize and delegate tasks and have the ability to multi-task.
6. Possess a detail-oriented approach
7. Have advanced knowledge of MS Office, Deltek DPS, Owner-Insite, etc. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is helpful.
8. Interested in obtaining one or more credentials such as CCCS, AIC, CPC, RRO, RWC, etc.
9. Strongly encouraged to become licensed in your field of study.
Paid Time Off
Profit Sharing Program
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits Included
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers