Putting out feelers on a fantastic Porsche 911 Carrera 2 convertible. It's from 2000, the 996 generation of 911. I'm the second owner, and purchased it from the original owner in Palo Alto two years ago.
- MY2000, production month 10/1999
- 6-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive
- 122,900 miles (average: 6200 mi/yr)
- Arctic Silver Metallic exterior
- Metropol Blue full leather interior ($4000 option from the factory)
- Metropol Blue canvas roof (replaced in August 2019)
- Options: Litronic headlights, supple leather, heated seats, on-board computer
- Original Becker CD audio system (CDR-220) with aux cable attachment
- 18" OEM Turbo Twist II Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (~6000 miles)
- Maintenance history/documentation from 2000 onwards
- LN Engineering IMS bearing upgrade
- Long list of recent maintenance
- Bay Area car since new
- Two owners
- No accidents
Recent maintenance highlights include:
95k mi - new clutch/LN IMS bearing upgrade
105k mi - new rear brakes
110k mi - new top compartment lid drive motor
115k mi - AOS, engine mounts, front brake rotors/pads
122k mi - new battery, new top
It is in very good condition, with a level of maintenance and care that is hard to find in a sports car of this vintage. The car has been treated well throughout its life and has not been abused. The only issues are pretty minor in nature and include a sticky drivers side seat heater switch, light curb rash on the front passenger wheel, and some minor interior wear.
As noted above, the car has been very well maintained and thoroughly documented over time, and is mostly a turn-key car. The upgraded LN Engineering dual-row bearing was installed with the last clutch change, and many of the other common 996 maintenance items have been resolved as well. One would be hard pressed to find a better early 996, particularly with a desirable option set and classic colour combination. I love the car, and I'm mostly certain I will regret selling it, but my parking situation recently changed and requires me to downsize.
The car is located in San Francisco, CA. Clean CA title in my name. Registration paid through October 2020, smog check passed and valid until January 17, 2020. Text show contact info
if interested, the car is available to be shown in the city on evenings or weekends, or near Santa Clara during the weekday. Note that the mileage of the car may go up slightly as it is still being driven semi-regularly. Also, no lowballers, let's not waste anyone's time here. Thanks!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers