bicycle frame material: aluminum bicycle type: gravel brake type: disc (mechanical) condition: good electric assist: none frame size: 54 cm, Medium handlebar type: drop make / manufacturer: Cannondale model name / number: CAADX 105 serial number: F160503781 suspension: none (rigid) wheel size: 700C
QR Code Link to This Post
Gravel grinder with upgrades. Optimized for SF commuting and Marin fire road adventures. Wide gear range makes easy work of steep hills. Larger disc brake rotors to aid control. Great bike for someone around 5'-6" to 5'-10".
Got this new in 2018 and rode it only on the road for a year. When I finally got it out on the fire roads I realized I needed lower gears than the stock 46/36T chainring and 11-28T cassette. Replaced these with a 46/30T crankset and 11-36T cassette. Now the low gear is 30:36, a huge improvement over the original 36:28 ratio. Sit and spin!
The bike has an appropriate level of cosmetic wear from ~1400 miles of road and trail riding.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX long cage with clutch
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1170 11-36T
- Crank: Shimano GRX 46-30T
- Tires: Maxxis Re-Fuse 700c x 40 mm
- Saddle: Brooks All-weather Cambium C15 w ergonomic cut-out
- Disc Brake Rotors: 180 mm front/ 160 mm rear
- Brand new Fouriers oil slick handlebar grip tape
- Pedals: Shimano PD-A530 - SPD clips on one side, flat for casual riding on the other.
- Anti-theft Skewers: Wheels can be removed with an allen wrench only when bike is upside down.